advice to start learning to code hi mguys

Created at 04 Sep 2015, 03:15
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
SI

silverpuma

Joined 28.06.2013

advice to start learning to code hi mguys
04 Sep 2015, 03:15

hi guys I need some advice.  I want to learn to code a cBot for myself but i see on the guide page in the introduction it states....."this guide assumes some basic knowledge of the C# programming language."  

Well unfortunately I do not have any basic C# knowledge but I want to learn.  Could any of you please point me to some online courses, videos or books that would give me this basic foundation that I need to help me make full use of the calgo guide.

I am only interested at this stage to learn C# as it will help me with the cbot coding though if I catch the bug that might change into a desire to delve further into the C# language.    Thanks

@silverpuma
Replies

Spotware
04 Sep 2015, 03:18

Dear Trader,

Please take a look at the following C# Tutorials: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa288436(v=vs.71).aspx

As soon as you consider yourself able to write codes you should also take a look at API Programmers Guides.

We hope this helps you.

@Spotware

kricka
04 Sep 2015, 04:51

Easy to learn to code a cBot

I have a suggestion and that is to read as much as you can on the forums itself. There are many excellent programmers giving advice in their posts. Its not that hard to get into the learning of creating a cBot. The API documentation is a must read as you can get all the basic information covered there. Trial and error and time on your side are required. I would say it's fairly easy to to learn to code a cBot. A lot of testing time though and rewriting the code are necessary to get the code to preform as expected. Good luck with your coding!

@kricka

ClickAlgo
04 Sep 2015, 08:04

SilverPuma,

Email me if your interested in a link to a service specializing in online training & coaching to learn software development for writing your own indicators and automated strategies, it will teach you the correct way of how to design and write software with Microsoft C# using Visual Studio, when money is involved you want your software to be written to a higher standard.

paul.hayes.it@gmail.com

Regards,

Paul.

@ClickAlgo