Check programmatically the latency with cServer

Created at 17 Jun 2015, 01:28
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
BR

brosnet

Joined 17.06.2015

Check programmatically the latency with cServer
17 Jun 2015, 01:28

Hello,

As I couldn't find a vps with a stable connection below 1ms to your cServer located in London-3, i was trying to develop a switch based on the current latency.

I am trying to figure out which of the Performance Counters you are using to define the Proxy Latency and Server Latency. 

Basically, what I would need is to check every x time the current latency with cServer. if it is above a certain value, my robot will not open positions.

I suppose I should look for the right counter but I cannot find the one that shows the values in the cAlgo platform.

Any suggestion? 

@brosnet
Replies

Spotware
17 Jun 2015, 12:51

Dear Trader,

cAlgo.API does not provide any latency. We will consider providing it in the future.

@Spotware

brosnet
17 Jun 2015, 16:44

RE:

Spotware said:

Dear Trader,

cAlgo.API does not provide any latency. We will consider providing it in the future.

I know that cAlgo.API does not provide the latency. I ve read from one of your posts, that the latency shown by the platform is taken from the Performance Counters from windows.

the only problem is that i could not find the right one.

is it calculated somehow taking other info from the performance counter or do you show a specific one?

@brosnet

Spotware
18 Jun 2015, 12:57

Dear Trader,

There is no way to obtain server latency and proxy latency through cAlgo.API. We will consider providing this ability in the future.

@Spotware