cBots just don't work. I'm about to give up.

Created at 30 May 2015, 05:43
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
BO

botmaster

Joined 24.05.2015

cBots just don't work. I'm about to give up.
30 May 2015, 05:43

I'm starting to come to the conclusion that this platform has not evolved enough to be of any use to a serious robot trader.  

Even output values from built in indicators are completely different than those shown in on their charts.   

Take for example the Aroon Indicator in my screenshot.  According to the backtest chart the Down line had a value of 11 at 14:00, but according to the print function it was at 100! which caused my cBot to enter a bad trade.    

Now, perhaps I'm just doing something wrong, but there is NO documentation or examples I can find to prove otherwise.. 

In this case, all I'm doing is initializing the indicator in the OnStart Method 

ar = Indicators.Aroon(7);

Then I call print method in the event method.    

Print("{0}, {1}", ar.Up.LastValue, ar.Down.LastValue);

At this point, I'm near fed up with this system for automated trading.  Indicators (even custom indicators) don't seem to be providing cBots with valid data. I don't feel that it can be trusted with real money at all.  

@botmaster
Replies

botmaster
30 May 2015, 06:12

Damn.. I wish there was a way to remove post.    It was my mistake after all.   I was using the wrong period.     dah!

... going to get another beer.

@botmaster

ChasBrownTH
15 Jun 2015, 19:34

RE:

botmaster said:

Damn.. I wish there was a way to remove post.    It was my mistake after all.   I was using the wrong period.     dah!

... going to get another beer.

Hi BotMaster  ;}

Don't feel too bad about making a mistake, we all do it and that is how we learn. Your comments here helped me find one of my own 'glitches', instead of giving up.

cheers, make mine a Carlsberg ...

@ChasBrownTH