Different between Ask / Bid displayed in cTrader and provided at onTick event in cAlgo

Created at 18 Feb 2013, 02:37
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
HU

Hugoman

Joined 26.01.2013

Different between Ask / Bid displayed in cTrader and provided at onTick event in cAlgo
18 Feb 2013, 02:37

Hello all,

it seems to me that not every tick change will be catched by the onTick event in cAlgo compared to the Sell / Ask Buttons displayed in cTrader. As a result there is a different in ask / bid prices (see screenshot below).

I did a check with the following line of code and compared the Ask / bid prices in the log list with the Ask / bid prices displayed on the cTrader buttons. At a rough estimate every 10th tick which occurs as change on the buttons is not recognized in the onTick - event.

Is this a known problem or is there something I get wrong.

Thanks a lot for clarification

With kind regards, Hugoman

protected override void OnTick()
        {
            // Put your core logic here 
			Print("Sell: {0} ; Buy: {1} ; Spread: {2}",Symbol.Bid, Symbol.Ask, Symbol.Spread);           
        }

@Hugoman
Replies

admin
18 Feb 2013, 11:50

We are looking into this. Thank you for reporting it.

@admin

Hugoman
20 Feb 2013, 02:02

RE: Have you been able to reproduce the issue?
admin said:

We are looking into this. Thank you for reporting it.

Hello Admin,

Thank you for investigating. Have you been able to reproduce the issue? I made a small video which clearly points out the issue for two times within 2 minutes today a few minutes ago. As it is not possible to attach videos to this post I don't know how to forward it to you. Please let me know, If you are interested in to get it, I will send it by mail.

For me this is a very serious issue. Which is the price to rely on? cAlgo API or cTrader order-buttons? Or is it just a matter of APIs that I have to use instead of Symbol.Bid and Symbol.Ask?

Thanks again in advance.

@Hugoman

cAlgo_Fanatic
20 Feb 2013, 11:00

Hello Hugoman,

Yes, we identified the source of the problem and it has been fixed. It will work properly in the next release.

@cAlgo_Fanatic

Hugoman
20 Feb 2013, 11:49

when will the next release be available?

Hello Support,

thank you. These are good news. When will the next release be available?

@Hugoman

cAlgo_Fanatic
20 Feb 2013, 12:58

Very soon!

@cAlgo_Fanatic