Optimization data access or robot restart with code....

Created at 05 Feb 2015, 21:14
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
SI

sitsky

Joined 05.02.2015

Optimization data access or robot restart with code....
05 Feb 2015, 21:14

Hi,

I am trying to make A LOT of optimization runs and have access to the data, from reading around the forum a bit there seems not be a way to do this, directly...But is there a work around? Can I restart a robot from the beginning in Backtesting? I know there is a Stop() function, but can't find a Start() function, or invoke properly the OnStart() function.

So basically if Optimization isn't giving us access to its data, I am trying to run the Robot over and over the data as many times as I want and get the data I need that way...Any advice, guidance?

Thank you,

~S

@sitsky
Replies

AlexanderRC
06 Feb 2015, 20:50

What do you mean by "its data"?

@AlexanderRC

sitsky
07 Feb 2015, 19:30

RE:

AlexanderRC said:

What do you mean by "its data"?

I mean the Trade Statistics of each optimization run...

@sitsky

AlexanderRC
12 Feb 2015, 12:19

You may save the data from the GetFitness() method somewhere in an external database (cache). In OnStart() you can see if the optimization run has be done with the tried parameters and call Stop() if the run has already been done. I am not sure if optimization engine will call GetFitness() if the cBot is stopped with Stop().

@AlexanderRC