C bot acts wierd when backtesting

Created at 09 Mar 2024, 20:25
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
FL

flappiyt

Joined 04.03.2024

C bot acts wierd when backtesting
09 Mar 2024, 20:25

Hi, my Cbot is performing almost as designed in backtesting, but sometimes there is a bug, and I don't know why the entry and stop levels are perfect. However, the stop loss isn't filled, and the price drops 10 times more than it should. The Cbot closes trades at significant losses even with a good stop loss. Sometimes it does this even when candles aren so big  i mean the candles that trade is being closed.

@flappiyt
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
11 Mar 2024, 08:26

Hi there,

What you see on the screenshots is possible and is is called slippage. Stop losses are never guarranteed. The stop loss level is just a trigger level. Where exactly the stop loss will be triggered, depends on the market.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

flappiyt
11 Mar 2024, 14:14

RE: C bot acts wierd when backtesting

PanagiotisCharalampous said: 

Hi there,

What you see on the screenshots is possible and is is called slippage. Stop losses are never guarranteed. The stop loss level is just a trigger level. Where exactly the stop loss will be triggered, depends on the market.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hi 

I know that, but as I said, it also happens when there aren't such big candles. It was an example, and I don't think that it is normal for a trade to be executed 11 times too slow. Also, when I was trading live without a bot, if there were such moves, I wasn't losing that much.

@flappiyt

PanagiotisCharalampous
12 Mar 2024, 06:08

RE: RE: C bot acts wierd when backtesting

flappiyt said: 

PanagiotisCharalampous said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hi 

I know that, but as I said, it also happens when there aren't such big candles. It was an example, and I don't think that it is normal for a trade to be executed 11 times too slow. Also, when I was trading live without a bot, if there were such moves, I wasn't losing that much.

It's hard to tell just from screenshots. Feel free to share your cBot code, the broker and the backtesting parameters so that we can reproduce and advise accordingly

@PanagiotisCharalampous