Custom Indicator used in robot should be displayed in a separate indicator panel

Created at 27 Jan 2013, 03:27
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
HU

Hugoman

Joined 26.01.2013

Custom Indicator used in robot should be displayed in a separate indicator panel
27 Jan 2013, 03:27

Hello all,

I would like to use a custom Indicator in a robot. That works fine so far except the fact that the indicator is NOT displayed in a separate indicator panel as expected.

When the custom indicator runs directly in cAlgo or cTrader it will be displayed in a separate panel by using 'false' for the following property:

[Indicator(IsOverlay = false)]

As soon as I run the Indicator embedded in a robot, it will be taken into account, but the result will not be displayed in a separate panel.

I call the custom Indicator as follows in the robot:

//#reference: ..\Indicators\mySmallTest.algo

protected override void OnStart()
        {
            // Put your initialization logic here			          
            myST = Indicators.GetIndicator<mySmallTest>();

Has someone an idea what can be done to solve this problem?

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards, Hugoman

@Hugoman
Replies

admin
28 Jan 2013, 11:06

Robots do not support displaying the results of indicators for the time being. It may be implemented in the future.

@admin

Hugoman
06 Feb 2013, 00:39

Thanks, Admin, for your response.

What I would like to achive is a seperated view (not in the chart) on account details representing some calculated information with respect to some money- and risk mgmt. key figures like trading volume by risk of 1 percent, expected risk-loss level and so forth. Therefore I had an empty indicator panel in mind to which a can pass the calculated account details from within the cBot.

I am able to add an empty customized indicator to a chart in cAlgo and i am able to retrieve this indicator in cBot, but I am not able to pass information to be displayed in the indicator on cBot side. If this is not possible could you be so kind and give me another advice or recommendation how to represent such kind of information which should be displayed beside the chart? Is it possible to call a c# - dll inside an cBot which contains an info screen for example?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Kind regards, Hugoman

@Hugoman

admin
06 Feb 2013, 16:11

Hello,

It is not currently possible to start a robot from another class.  Therefore what you describe cannot be accomplished. You may only draw on the chart with ChartObjects.DrawText.

@admin

AndreaDev
23 Feb 2019, 14:44

RE:

admin said:

Robots do not support displaying the results of indicators for the time being. It may be implemented in the future.

Has this been implemented?

If yes, can you point me out some links, thanks in advance.

If no...well I will eventually open a vote to request it, even if it should be something basic to have in a bot.

@AndreaDev

calgodemo
14 Jun 2019, 08:09

RE: RE:

AndreaDev said:

admin said:

Has this been implemented?

If yes, can you point me out some links, thanks in advance.

If no...well I will eventually open a vote to request it, even if it should be something basic to have in a bot.

I would upvote this.

@calgodemo