Seeking Help: Integrating News API to Pause cTrader Bot on High-Impact News

Created at 27 Aug 2023, 21:39
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

fazle.subhan1994

Joined 31.05.2023

Seeking Help: Integrating News API to Pause cTrader Bot on High-Impact News
27 Aug 2023, 21:39

Hello cTrader community,

I hope you're all doing well. I'm seeking some assistance with integrating a news API into my cTrader bot. My goal is to implement a feature that will automatically pause my cTrader bot during high-impact news events to avoid trading during volatile periods. Once the news event has passed, the bot should resume normal trading operations.
I have some experience with coding in C#, but I'm relatively new to integrating external APIs into cTrader. Here's what I need help with:

Fetching News Data: I would like guidance on how to fetch news data from the chosen news API in cTrader. What libraries or methods should I use for this?

Identifying High-Impact News: How can I identify high-impact news events from the retrieved data? What criteria should I look for to determine if an event is high-impact?

Pausing and Resuming Trading: Once a high-impact news event is detected, how can I pause my cTrader bot's trading activities? And how can I resume trading after the news event has concluded?

If you have any insights, code snippets, or recommendations on how to achieve this, I would greatly appreciate your help. Even pointing me in the right direction or suggesting specific libraries or APIs to consider would be incredibly valuable.

Thank you in advance for your assistance. I look forward to learning from the experienced members of this community.

Best regards,
Fazle Subhan

@fazle.subhan1994