Protect cBot with machine ID - Error iphlpapi.dll

Created at 20 Apr 2023, 18:15
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
SM

SmartRetailTradingRobot

Joined 07.02.2023

Protect cBot with machine ID - Error iphlpapi.dll
20 Apr 2023, 18:15

Hi developers,

maybe some c# eperts can help me.

I'm trying to protect a cbot based on machine ID (MAC address).

but wenn I use my code I receive the error: "Crashed in OnTick with DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'iphlpapi.dll' or one of its dependencies: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED)".

I checked my windows folder, the 'iphlpapi.dll' is in there. So how could I solve the problem? Any ideas what the reason is and how to solve it?

here is the code I use for checking the machine ID:

using System.Net.NetworkInformation;

public string getMacAddress()
        {
            String firstMacAddress = NetworkInterface
                .GetAllNetworkInterfaces()
                .Where(nic => nic.OperationalStatus == OperationalStatus.Up && nic.NetworkInterfaceType != NetworkInterfaceType.Loopback)
                .Select(nic => nic.GetPhysicalAddress().ToString())
                .FirstOrDefault();

return firstMacAddress;
        }

I

@SmartRetailTradingRobot
Replies

firemyst
21 Apr 2023, 05:12

First of all, the error message says, "Access Denied". So have you tried granting your cBot full access?

Ex:

[Robot(TimeZone = TimeZones.UTC, AccessRights = AccessRights.FullAccess)]

Second, if that doesn't work, and you've already added it as a "reference" to your solution in cTrader, then you'll probably have to use the DLL Import directive in C#.

And for that, I suggest you try using Google to find examples as there's plenty out there.

Blah blah blah :-)

@firemyst

SmartRetailTradingRobot
21 Apr 2023, 09:55

Hi Firemyst,

thanks a lot! You solved my problem on first try. The mistake of mine was as simple as stupid... I forgett to set the AccessRights to FullAccess.

Best regards!

Nik

@SmartRetailTradingRobot