unsupported parameter type int64

Created at 04 Nov 2014, 09:57
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
JI

jimmyh89

Joined 04.11.2014

unsupported parameter type int64
04 Nov 2014, 09:57

Hello,

So I've been trying to write my first bot,
I got rid of all the compilation errors one by one, but now, I have this message in red saying

unable to load assembly: unsupported parameter type 'int64'

It doesn't show me on which line the error is and I don't use any 'int64' in my code, only 'int' itself.

any ideas? 

@jimmyh89
Replies

Invalid
04 Nov 2014, 10:07

RE:

Hi jimmyh89. May be you have parameter of type long? 

jimmyh89 said:

Hello,

So I've been trying to write my first bot,
I got rid of all the compilation errors one by one, but now, I have this message in red saying

unable to load assembly: unsupported parameter type 'int64'

It doesn't show me on which line the error is and I don't use any 'int64' in my code, only 'int' itself.

any ideas? 

@Invalid

Spotware
04 Nov 2014, 10:51

You need to replace long parameter to int parameter.

@Spotware

RhettG
14 Sep 2015, 11:03

RE:

Spotware said:

You need to replace long parameter to int parameter.

Hi. Sorry for bringing up an old thread.

Why?

I'm using long integers all over the place. Why can't I use one now? ExecuteMarketOrder needs a long for volume. How do I calculate volume if I can't use long?

This has me really confused. I copied some code from one working bot to another and now I get this message.

Thanks

@RhettG

Spotware
14 Sep 2015, 11:47

Dear Trader,

Currently we do not support the usage of long types as parameters. We recommend you to use int instead. We will consider supporting it in the future.

Additionally we recommend you to have a look at the NormalizeVolume method in our API references site.

@Spotware