How to Know when Limit or Stop Levels are touched and order gets converted

Created at 26 Nov 2021, 16:48
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

sirinath

Joined 25.11.2021

How to Know when Limit or Stop Levels are touched and order gets converted
26 Nov 2021, 16:48

Hello,

I want to know to to figure out when then

1. Limit Order - Limit has been touched in a limit order and it has been converted into a market order
  2. Stop Order - Stop has been touched in an stop order and it has been converted into and market order
  3. Stop Limit Order -
    1. Stop level as been touched in a stop limit order and it has been converted into an limit order and
    2. subsequently the limit has been touched hence it has been converted into and market order

How do I keep track of these transitions?

For stop limit order how does the stop level distance and freeze level distance work? I found documentation for Market, Limit and Stops here: https://book.mql4.com/appendix/limits (through a different platform) but could not find anything for the stop limit orders.

Suminda

@sirinath
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
26 Nov 2021, 16:59

Hi sirinath,

You can use PendingOrders.Filled event to get notified when your order has been filled.

Note that Limit orders are not converted to Market order but executed as Limit orders and Stop Limit orders are implelemted as per the industry standand and not like they are implemented by MetaTrader.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

@PanagiotisCharalampous