partial stoploss with cBot

Created at 13 Jul 2021, 11:47
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
YA

yaghouti

Joined 19.12.2019

partial stoploss with cBot
13 Jul 2021, 11:47

Hi

how can i make a partial stoploss with cBot?

for example i want to close 50% of the total volume  in partial stoploss and 50% remain in the original stoploss

@yaghouti
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
14 Jul 2021, 08:16

Hi yaghouti,

You can use ModifyVolume method to change the position's volume and partially close it at any stage of the execution. So if you want to close 50% of the position, just modify the volume to be half of the initial quantity.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

@PanagiotisCharalampous

yaghouti
16 Jul 2021, 11:36

RE:

Hi Panagiotis 
thanks for reply
i exactly do the same it works in swing trades but my problem is that in scalp trades when we reach the target usually not execute at the point and close in next ticks which maybe lower prices. is there any trick to close position exactly at the trigger tick?

regards

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi yaghouti,

You can use ModifyVolume method to change the position's volume and partially close it at any stage of the execution. So if you want to close 50% of the position, just modify the volume to be half of the initial quantity.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

@yaghouti

PanagiotisCharalampous
16 Jul 2021, 11:43

Hi yaghouti,

I am not sure I understand what do you do. Could you share some source code that would allow me to reproduce your problem?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

@PanagiotisCharalampous