Inherited Parameter Attributes

Created at 29 Jun 2021, 12:58
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
KR

kris392001

Joined 06.06.2021

Inherited Parameter Attributes
29 Jun 2021, 12:58

Hi All,

I have a lot of boilerplate code that will be repeated across various robots. I'm trying to build an abstract class that inherits from Robot, add the boilerplate code there, and then inherit from that abstract class in the Automate Template rather than inheriting from Robot.

This all works fine except that the properties defined with Parameter attribute in the abstract class don't appear in the UI Parameters panel when inherited. I believe attributes should be inherited in C# so I'm not sure if this is a limitation of the Automate UI implementation.

Can someone confirm this should or shouldn't work? It's going to be a real pain if it doesn't.

Cheers

Chris

@kris392001
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
29 Jun 2021, 16:04

Hi Chris,

This option will be available in cTrader Desktop 4.2.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

@PanagiotisCharalampous

kris392001
30 Jun 2021, 10:13

Thanks for the prompt Panagiotis, this is good news :).  Is there a roadmap/schedule for cTrader Desktop version releases?

On a side note are there any plans for an Optimisation API to allow runtime optimisation?

Cheers

Chris

@kris392001