How to change timeframe while cbot is running

Created at 13 Apr 2021, 04:50
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

yomm0401

Joined 11.04.2020

How to change timeframe while cbot is running
13 Apr 2021, 04:50

My understanding is that it can't change the timeframe while cbot is running.

Is there a way to change the timeframe while the cbot is running?
Also, are there any plans to change the specifications so that the timeframe can be changed in the future?

@yomm0401
Replies

amusleh
13 Apr 2021, 09:46

Hi,

Right now there is no way to change a chart time frame while a cBot instance is running on that chart.

We have plans to allow changing the time frame but we can't give you any ETA for that, I recommend you to open a thread for this feature request on forum suggestions section.

@amusleh

firemyst
13 Apr 2021, 15:28

RE:

amusleh said:

Hi,

Right now there is no way to change a chart time frame while a cBot instance is running on that chart.

We have plans to allow changing the time frame but we can't give you any ETA for that, I recommend you to open a thread for this feature request on forum suggestions section.

For clarification, yomm0401 didn't specifically ask if the "chart" time frame itself could be changed, only if the timeframe could be changed.

The answer to the latter question is yes in cBot code if that's what the intended question was.

The cbot code can always call:

MarketData.GetBars(TimeFrame.xxx, Symbol.Name);

and get data from a diffferent symbol and/or timeframe than what's on the chart.

@firemyst

yomm0401
13 Apr 2021, 15:56

RE:

amusleh said:

Hi,

Dear amusleh

Thanks reply,

I will suggest.

@yomm0401

yomm0401
13 Apr 2021, 15:59

RE: RE:

firemyst said:

amusleh said:

Hi,

For clarification, yomm0401 didn't specifically ask if the "chart" time frame itself could be changed, only if the timeframe could be changed.

The answer to the latter question is yes in cBot code if that's what the intended question was.

The cbot code can always call:

MarketData.GetBars(TimeFrame.xxx, Symbol.Name);

and get data from a diffferent symbol and/or timeframe than what's on the chart.

thank you for your answer.

As you pointed out, what I wanted to ask was whether the chart timeframe could be changed.

I will propose it to the forum.

@yomm0401