Problem with "using cAlgo.Lib"

Created at 11 Sep 2014, 11:32
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

Forex19

Joined 13.06.2013

Problem with "using cAlgo.Lib"
11 Sep 2014, 11:32

Hi,
I wanted to test some cBots (for example PayBack II) but during the compilation by me:

Error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Lib' does not exist in the namespace 'cAlgo' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

with reference to "using cAlgo.Lib."

In the page: 

https://calgobots.codeplex.com/

I found the cAlgobots Sources and binary Build 36873 that contains the folder cAlgo.Lib end file cAlgo.Lib.csproj.
I made some attempts to include files that I thought was missing but I could not solve.

How can I fix? Thanks. 

@Forex19
Replies

Invalid
11 Sep 2014, 12:53

RE:

Just opened the solution and it works.

Most probably your project has invalid reference path. Remove cAlgo.Lib from reference list in your project and  add reference to project ..\Solution-calgobots-36873\Sources\Library\cAlgoLib\cAlgo.Lib.csproj

Forex19 said:

Hi,
I wanted to test some cBots (for example PayBack II) but during the compilation by me:

Error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Lib' does not exist in the namespace 'cAlgo' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

In the page: 

I found the cAlgobots Sources and binary Build 36873 that contains the folder cAlgo.Lib end file cAlgo.Lib.csproj.
I made some attempts to include files that I thought was missing but I could not solve.

How can I fix? Thanks. 

@Invalid

Forex19
11 Sep 2014, 15:01

RE: RE:

I followed your suggestion: 

- Remove "using cAlgo.Lib;" 
  - Right click on the mouse and select Add Reference, but when I select the folder of the file "cAlgo.Lib.csproj" doesn't see it so I can't add it. 

I misunderstood and mistaken something?

Invalid said:

Most probably your project has invalid reference path. Remove cAlgo.Lib from reference list in your project and  add reference to project ..\Solution-calgobots-36873\Sources\Library\cAlgoLib\cAlgo.Lib.csproj

Forex19 said:

Hi,

In the page: 

How can I fix? Thanks. 

@Forex19

Invalid
11 Sep 2014, 15:07

RE: RE: RE:

you need to add a reference to a project (not a library). Take a look here.

Forex19 said:

- Right click on the mouse and select Add Reference, but when I select the folder of the file "cAlgo.Lib.csproj" doesn't see it so I can't add it. 

Invalid said:

Forex19 said:

Hi,

In the page: 

How can I fix? Thanks. 

@Invalid

Forex19
11 Sep 2014, 16:06

RE: RE: RE: RE:

Certainly I'm missing something and I'm sorry. 
But in cAlgo platform where I find a way to add a reference to a existing project? 

Or should I use Visual Studio? but I miss it

Invalid said:

Forex19 said:

Invalid said:

Forex19 said:

Hi,

In the page: 

How can I fix? Thanks. 

@Forex19

Spotware
11 Sep 2014, 16:19

But in cAlgo platform where I find a way to add a reference to a existing project? 

In cAlgo you can add a reference to a .net library or custom indicator. You can use Visual Studio to add a reference to existing .csproj

@Spotware

Forex19
11 Sep 2014, 16:25

RE:

Is there a guide to which to refer?

Thanks and good job.

Spotware said:

In cAlgo you can add a reference to a .net library or custom indicator. You can use Visual Studio to add a reference to existing .csproj

@Forex19

Spotware
11 Sep 2014, 16:30

Referencing a dll in cAlgo: /api/guides/referencing_dll

How to: Add or Remove References By Using the Reference Manager: http://msdn.microsoft.com/query/dev11.query?appId=Dev11IDEF1&l=EN-US&k=k(VS.ReferenceManager)

@Spotware

Forex19
11 Sep 2014, 19:23

RE: RE: RE: RE:

I started VS and open PayBackII. 
I then followed your link in the "Adding a Project Reference in Visual Studio" but tells me error. 

Almost certainly I'm doing something wrong, could you please show me some screenshots of the steps to do? 

I would be very grateful.

Invalid said:

@Forex19

Invalid
12 Sep 2014, 10:11

Download the zip file again, extract it.

Open cAlgoBot-Build-36873\Build-36873\Solution-calgobots-36873\cAlgoBots.sln in Visual Studio. You have to see several projects in your solution. And one of them will be PayBack II.

@Invalid

RV13
18 Sep 2014, 02:08

Found a solution to calgo.lib.dll problem.

1. Go here: https://calgobots.codeplex.com/#
2. Download the zip and extract
3. Click "Manage references" next to build button in cAlgo (for the robot you're trying to build)
4. Click Libaries and then "browse"
5. Browse to extract zip\Build-.....\Solution-calgobots-.....\API  where "....." is some build number
6. Untick missing "f:" dll and re-try build.

@RV13

Spotware
18 Sep 2014, 10:09

Dear Traders,

All algorithms that you download from cTDN are already compiled. Once you install Indicator or cBot to the platform (by double clicking on the file) it is ready to be used.

You need to compile (build) Indicator or cBot only if you made a change in the source code. If you do not change code of the algorithm you do not need to compile (build) it.

@Spotware

yourne
29 Jun 2015, 19:06

yeah i was stuck by this problem when i tried to build a rsi_atr cbot today. well i followed the guidance that @Invalid offered in #2 but the visual studio failed to refer the cAlgo.Lib.csproj.

here is a easy solution: after adding reference to VS project and building it (whether successfully built or not), there will be a cAlgo.Lib.dll file in the debug folder, then all you need to do is just clicking the "Manage Reference" button in cAlgo client and choose this .dll file. if you guys are stuck too, hope this solution is helpful. 

@yourne

forextik
14 Jan 2019, 01:16

i cannot anymore find the vs project containing the calgo.lib file....

it seems the archive file has been modified.....

@forextik