cAlgo Settings, Where Art Thou Settings???

Created at 07 Jul 2014, 17:48
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
JO

jobenb

Joined 07.10.2013

cAlgo Settings, Where Art Thou Settings???
07 Jul 2014, 17:48

Hi cAlgo Team

Could you please tell me which file cAlgo reads to get the settings of all my robots? I had to re-install windows and I have a backup of AppData but cAlgo overwrite the settings.xtr file every time I open it, so now I lost all my settings of all my robots! Now I have to set it all manually again which takes about 2 hours since each bot is different and has a lot of settings.

I need to be able to get m y settings back that cAlgo must be storing somewhere because every time I opened it in the past it remembered the settings of all my cBots.

Why cAlgo does not have the ability to save this is beyond understanding as it is doing it already so why is it so difficult to just make that save function available to the user???

People have been requesting this feature since 2012 and this is one of those which should not take long to provide but has been neglected by you for so long frustrating a lot of us immensely. 

Please give us basic functionality to save our properties of our robots or at least provide us with a workaround to point us to the file cAlgo reads to retrieve all this, because it is doing it anyway...

Thank you!

@jobenb
Replies

Spotware
08 Jul 2014, 09:19

Settings files are encrypted with Windows security key. After you re-installed the Windows, you got another security key. Therefore your settings file cannot be read by cAlgo.

We plan to add ability to save cBot settings to the file. You can vote for this feature: http://vote.spotware.com/forums/229166-ideas-and-suggestions-for-ctrader-and-calgo/suggestions/5392544-load-cbot-parameters-from-file.

@Spotware