Close Position with multiple AND/OR

Created at 12 Jun 2014, 23:26
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
DA

davidp13

Joined 06.05.2014

Close Position with multiple AND/OR
12 Jun 2014, 23:26

Hi,

I have a robot that opens a position in one direction only. I have a exit strategy that contains three OR checks.

//Close of long position
            if (currentSlowMa > currentFastMa && _cci.Result.Last(1) < _cci.Result.Last(0) && longPosition != null || _cci.Result.Last(1) < 0 || xFastMA > valueClose)
            {
                ClosePosition(longPosition);
            }

This all is currently sitting in protected override void OnTick() and when I run the backtest it does not create any entries. Why would that and where should i move it too?

@davidp13
Replies

davidp13
15 Jun 2014, 20:54

Hi, can anyone help please?

@davidp13

Spotware
16 Jun 2014, 09:56

Your code doesn't open any position. It invokes ClosePosition method only.

@Spotware

davidp13
16 Jun 2014, 10:20

Correct. This code is to close the open position. The problem I have is when I add || (or) then no entries open anymore when I back test.
@davidp13

breakermind
16 Jun 2014, 11:11

RE:

davidp13 said:

Correct. This code is to close the open position. The problem I have is when I add || (or) then no entries open anymore when I back test.

Hi,

think different ;)

if (currentSlowMa > currentFastMa && _cci.Result.Last(1) < _cci.Result.Last(0) && longPosition != null)
            {
            }

if(_cci.Result.Last(1) < 0){

}

if(xFastMA > valueClose)){

]

Regards

@breakermind

Yasen
18 Jun 2014, 03:24

Backtesting is a simulator to test your strategy. And each backtesting is a separate process - you can not open a position in one cBot and close it in an another one ( not like in real execution) - In real execution all cBots work together. In real life you for sure can open a position an one cBot and close it in another one even if each cBot runs on a separate computer (using same account for sure) ..... So if you like to backtest a set of cBots together you can copy each cBots code to a single new cBot and then backtest this new cBot to test all cBots together.... "It Can Be Only One"

@Yasen

davidp13
19 Jun 2014, 20:47

TThanks a lot.
@davidp13