Obtaining commissions for Symbol before opening the position

Created at 04 Feb 2014, 21:13
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

AlexanderRC

Joined 04.02.2014

Obtaining commissions for Symbol before opening the position
04 Feb 2014, 21:13

I have dug through the Reference documentation and found no way to obtain commissions per trader from within cBot. I can query via Position.Commissions for an open position but I cannot obtain a commission before the robot opens a position.

Am I missing something? Are there any hacks for this?

@AlexanderRC
Replies

Spotware
05 Feb 2014, 10:14

You can not retrieve such information at the moment. At some point we will add Commissions to the Symbol object.

Please vote for your favorite features: http://vote.spotware.com/forums/229166-ideas-and-suggestions-for-ctrader-and-calgo/category/76800-calgo

@Spotware

firemyst
29 Sep 2020, 08:43

RE:

Spotware said:

You can not retrieve such information at the moment. At some point we will add Commissions to the Symbol object.

Please vote for your favorite features: http://vote.spotware.com/forums/229166-ideas-and-suggestions-for-ctrader-and-calgo/category/76800-calgo

@Panagiotis / @Spotware:

Has this feature been implemented yet?

I don't see any kind of "commission" property yet directly available from the "Symbol" object.

Thank you.

@firemyst

PanagiotisCharalampous
29 Sep 2020, 08:51

Hi firemyst,

Not it hasn't. At the moment you set the commissions yourself, through the backtesting settings.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

firemyst
30 Sep 2020, 10:34

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi firemyst,

Not it hasn't. At the moment you set the commissions yourself, through the backtesting settings.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

I'm looking for a way to estimate commissions in indicators and bots _before_ a position is opened while a bot or indicator is running. I can hard-code a fixed figure, but obviously that wouldn't be accurate. This isn't for any sort of back-testing.

Any "creative ways" to figure that out? :-)

@firemyst

PanagiotisCharalampous
02 Oct 2020, 08:11

Hi firemyst,

You can use Open API to retrieve the symbol information.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

firemyst
02 Oct 2020, 08:17

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi firemyst,

You can use Open API to retrieve the symbol information.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

Hi @Panagiotis:

How do I use Open API from within a bot or indicator to retrieve the commission from the symbol information? I thought commission information isn't available?

Thank you.

@firemyst

PanagiotisCharalampous
02 Oct 2020, 09:00

Hi firemyst,

cBots/Indicators are typical C# projects so there is nothing specific about. You will use it as you would use it in any C# other project. Commissions are available in Open API.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous