Ctrader/cbot constant disconnection

Created at 08 Jun 2020, 17:54
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
IU

iucpxleps

Joined 01.11.2017

Ctrader/cbot constant disconnection
08 Jun 2020, 17:54

Hi all,

I've seen some past posts about that but I am still facing this and I don't know what's the reason for this. It keeps in a cycle of disconnections reconnections trying to load chart data and so on. I've read that you can login with your broker Id instead of ctid i am using fxpro but I dont really know how to login with broker id. 

The bots seems to work for some hours and then this loop happens. The system is only working on 1H close bars so it's also not so many events and I only run them on less than 10 pairs. I'm on early development and skipped MT4 or python but I need to understand this issue before investing more time and real money. is this something about demo accounts? sorry if there are similar posts I looked to them but couldnt really find a definitive answer.

thanks

ps: ive sent alt ctrl shift +t two times I dont know what happens to those btw. i am using broker branded ctrader.

@iucpxleps
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
09 Jun 2020, 10:36

Hi iucpxleps,

We have received your troubleshooting information and we are investigating.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

PanagiotisCharalampous
09 Jun 2020, 15:27

Hi iucpxleps,

The investigation has shown that your connection is slow causing frequent disconnections.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

iucpxleps
09 Jun 2020, 21:48

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi iucpxleps,

The investigation has shown that your connection is slow causing frequent disconnections.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

Hi Panagiotis,

it's good to hear that you have received the report and looked into that. However, my connection which is actually 250mbit and ping shows 50- 60ms to server. Is there a way to select which server to connect to or is it connecting to the best possible server? It is working fine all the time but when the robot needs to update and check the rules at the hour start with onBar() it starts to disconnect and tries to reconnect, connection cannot go bad at that moment right? At one time I let it be and it kept trying to go back online like that for 30mins while everything was OK for the overall internet connection and speed was 220mbit when I tested it in speednet at the moment.. I mean how can you overload 250/100mbit connection. It looks weird to me there might be something triggering this but I don't know what. Closing ctrader and reopening it looks to be helping as mentioned in old threads. Could that be the old issue that's happening to me...Can you advise..

thanks

@iucpxleps

iucpxleps
10 Jun 2020, 21:12

RE: RE:

I think I am OK right now about this. The last 10 mins I kept getting disconnections on the demo account but as soon as I switch back to live account it doesn't disconnect and stable. Then I switch back to demo again and it starts to disconnect again. and the reason is probably market movements after FED. demo servers are not as strong as live servers I guess. it's been 20 mins and it's still not stable.

@iucpxleps