Requesting multiple pairs from bot

Created at 02 Feb 2014, 05:44
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
AB

abfc123

Joined 01.02.2014

Requesting multiple pairs from bot
02 Feb 2014, 05:44

I attempted to call a second pair from my strategy for the purpose of using it to allow me to position size in the denomination of my account which wasn't in the base or term of the primary exotic pair.

I read that this functionality is available and used the MarketData.GetSeries("XXXXXX", TimeFrame) function but my backtest crashed and gave me a message that this is 'not yet' available for backtests.

Is this function available during live trading?

Also is there a way of knowing the status of the market data coming in, ie whether it is historical or live ticks? NinjaTrader for example uses the boolean 'Historical' keyword, does CBot have anything similar?

Thanks for any help

@abfc123
Replies

Spotware
03 Feb 2014, 11:57

I read that this functionality is available and used the MarketData.GetSeries("XXXXXX", TimeFrame) function but my backtest crashed and gave me a message that this is 'not yet' available for backtests.

We have plans to support GetSeries in backtesting. You are able to use it during live trading.

You can vote for this feature there: http://vote.spotware.com/forums/229166-ideas-and-suggestions-for-ctrader-and-calgo/suggestions/5435043-multi-currency-backtesting.

Also is there a way of knowing the status of the market data coming in, ie whether it is historical or live ticks? NinjaTrader for example uses the boolean 'Historical' keyword, does CBot have anything similar?

MarketSeries object contains historical data. However last item in MarketSeries is a live trendbar. You can also read current prices from Symbol object.

@Spotware

abfc123
04 Feb 2014, 19:37

RE:

Spotware said:

We have plans to support GetSeries in backtesting. You are able to use it during live trading.

You can vote for this feature there: http://vote.spotware.com/forums/229166-ideas-and-suggestions-for-ctrader-and-calgo/suggestions/5435043-multi-currency-backtesting.

MarketSeries object contains historical data. However last item in MarketSeries is a live trendbar. You can also read current prices from Symbol object.

Thanks for your reply.

Re the test for whether the last tick was historical or live, I still don't see if there is any function that I can use to test.

I don't want to call MarketData.GetSeries("XXXXXX", TimeFrame) on historical data just live ticks.

Do I need to write my own test using date functions?

Thks

@abfc123

shatch
20 May 2014, 01:33

RE:

Spotware said:

Hello,

Can you please confirm that cAlgo Demo backtesting will allow you to trade multiple currency pairs as part of your cBot strategy. This will be a critical factor to determine if I will leave MetaTrader.

Thank you

Steve

@shatch

Spotware
20 May 2014, 09:32

RE: RE:

shatch said:

Spotware said:

Hello,

Can you please confirm that cAlgo Demo backtesting will allow you to trade multiple currency pairs as part of your cBot strategy. This will be a critical factor to determine if I will leave MetaTrader.

Thank you

Steve

cAlgo backtesting doesn't support multi-symbol cBots. We plan to support such functionality in the future.

@Spotware