Profitable Robot - Done!

Created at 01 Dec 2012, 03:13
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
MA

Martin

Joined 24.11.2012

Profitable Robot - Done!
01 Dec 2012, 03:13

Hello everyone,

I would like to ask for your opinion to a Robot that I developed.

Please see results print screen: http://i45.tinypic.com/bjiu6t.png

It is designed for EURJPY in 1 Minute time frame.

Test was done with following values:

Starting capital: 3,000

Pair: EURJPY

Time: 1 Minute

Volume: 10000

Leverage: 1:50

Period: from 01 December 2011 to 30 November 2012

Results:

Net Profit: 219,310.31

Return of 7300%

This is the result of some weeks of intensive work, I would like to hear the opinion of the community.

In case someone is interested I can sell one copy of the code (Only one!), contact me at lverdastroiste[at]live.com.

Thanks

@Martin
Replies

rkokerti
01 Dec 2012, 11:18

Hello, 

I thing the profit is very nice, but not all.

Your DrawDown is almost 90%!!! It is huge... Why are you earn money if then you lose it all? My opinion is that 10-20% of DrawDown is the maximum which guarantees the continuous earning, and well-balanced trading. It is only my point of view, but be careful with 90% DD.

Good luck!

@rkokerti

Uche
01 Dec 2012, 12:44

Anyone thinking of investing in your Robot will find the Profit factor,Sortino and Sharpe unappealing.Like was said,you should work on your drawdown, and the Profit factor.

Your test results should look more like the one below from calgo.co.uk.

@Uche

Martin
01 Dec 2012, 12:51

RE:
rkokerti said:

Hello, 

Your DrawDown is almost 90%!!! It is huge... Why are you earn money if then you lose it all? My opinion is that 10-20% of DrawDown is the maximum which guarantees the continuous earning, and well-balanced trading. It is only my point of view, but be careful with 90% DD.

Hi there, thank you for your comment.

Yes I know about the DrawDown, but if you increase your starting belance you also reduce your risk (with the same volume of 10000).

Here you can see same test with 25,000 and 50,000 of starting balance:

Your DrawDown risk is reduced, but your % profit is also reduced (for the same volume).

For 25,000 the Max DrawDown is 45.34% and % profit is around 1000%. For 50,000 Max DrawDown is 37.50% and % profit is around 500%.

Even so for an investment of 3K I think is worth the risk with a Max DrawDown of 88% with a potential of 7300% profit.

What do you think?

@Martin

Martin
01 Dec 2012, 12:54

RE:
Uche said:

Anyone thinking of investing in your Robot will find the Profit factor,Sortino and Sharpe unappealing.Like was said,you should work on your drawdown, and the Profit factor.

Your test results should look more like the one below from calgo.co.uk.

Yes, read my previous post. You just need to increase your balance to reduce the DrawDown, what do you think?

@Martin

cg1980
03 Jan 2013, 01:47

maybe i y decrease leverage and add some pairs to trade (increased diversification) you ll decrease the drawdown.

@cg1980

DavidBecquer
05 Feb 2016, 21:31

RE: RE:

I dont understand why you dont use 1:500 leverage ¡? Its usefull in most cTrader Brokers. You'll obtain best results on your max DD.

Martin said:

rkokerti said:

Hello, 

Hi there, thank you for your comment.

Yes I know about the DrawDown, but if you increase your starting belance you also reduce your risk (with the same volume of 10000).

Here you can see same test with 25,000 and 50,000 of starting balance:

http://i50.tinypic.com/29ekvd.png

http://i47.tinypic.com/11ucoic.png

Your DrawDown risk is reduced, but your % profit is also reduced (for the same volume).

For 25,000 the Max DrawDown is 45.34% and % profit is around 1000%. For 50,000 Max DrawDown is 37.50% and % profit is around 500%.

Even so for an investment of 3K I think is worth the risk with a Max DrawDown of 88% with a potential of 7300% profit.

What do you think?

@DavidBecquer

... Deleted by UFO ...

ColossusFX
07 Feb 2016, 18:07

Te​st with tick data!!!!

It will not be the same result

@ColossusFX

trend_meanreversion
08 Feb 2016, 00:27

Can't agree more with Lucian and Piratetunes.. test only with tick data even if your strategy is based on OHLC values. Real time spreads and asynchronous nature of ticks is needed to calculate the realistic simulation of take profits or stop loss for your trades. 

@trend_meanreversion

MrPro
17 Feb 2016, 06:51

Any Update so far, Martin?

How it goes? And how to contact you?

@MrPro

MrPro
17 Feb 2016, 08:06

Any Update so far, Martin?

How it goes? And how to contact you?

@MrPro