Custom Tooltip on Output

Created at 11 Feb 2020, 07:39
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
CT

cTKit

Joined 15.09.2016

Custom Tooltip on Output
11 Feb 2020, 07:39

Is it possible to override the default tooltip on an output property.  I have a user who is colour blind and cannot distinguish the lines plotted in my Currency Strength Indicator.  He has requested that I put the name of the currency represented by a line in the tooltip.

I have tried using a DescriptionAttribute but that doesn't work.  There are no parameters for the OutputAttribute that let me set the description or tooltip and after a lot of searching I haven't found a way to do what was requested.

Can this be done in any way?

@cTKit
Replies

cTKit
11 Feb 2020, 08:46

RE:

I have investigated using the ChartObjectHoverChanged event to write some text on the indicator when the mouse is over an output plot but no success.  The event never fires for lines plotted for outputs.  It seems these lines are not chart objects because they don't show up when I iterate through the list of objects on the chart or indicator area.  Still looking for a work around.

@cTKit

PanagiotisCharalampous
11 Feb 2020, 08:50

Hi testpossessed,

No there is no such option.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

jstewartcenter
07 May 2024, 04:24 ( Updated at: 07 May 2024, 05:53 )

RE: Custom Tooltip on Output

PanagiotisCharalampous said: 

Hi testpossessed,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

Is this still the case @PanagiotisCharalampous ?

@jstewartcenter

PanagiotisCharalampous
07 May 2024, 06:53

RE: RE: Custom Tooltip on Output

jstewartcenter said: 

PanagiotisCharalampous said: 

Hi testpossessed,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

Is this still the case @PanagiotisCharalampous ?

Yes, each indicator's output shows the description as part of the tooltip. There is no way to override that at the moment.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous