Please add a Free Margin graph (just like the equity graph - but in different colour) on top of the Backtest Equity Graph

Created at 08 Jan 2020, 10:31
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
LA

laurenceshelley

Joined 09.07.2016

Please add a Free Margin graph (just like the equity graph - but in different colour) on top of the Backtest Equity Graph
08 Jan 2020, 10:31

The Backtest equity graph is a tremendous product - it would be impossible for me to overstate how good I thin this part of the cTrader product is.

The ability to watch it work in "visual mode" makes it even better than it was.

Nevertheless, I think it could be improved just a little more by graphing the moments when trading positions of each type were opened and how many were opened at the time.

This would enable an extended backtest (say over a two year time period - too long for visual mode) to show the moments at which the robot decided to open BUY or SELL positions.

Could you please add one line graph showing the number of open BUY positions (say in Green) and another line graph showing the number of open SELL positions at each point in the graph that is currently shown on the Backtest graph.

The Backtest graph currently adds a point to the graph whenever a position is CLOSED (not when a position is OPENED) and that would not have to change - simply show how many positions of each trade type are still left OPEN whenever a point is added to the graph.

This would be really great!

Stephen

@laurenceshelley