Retrieve Forex Lots Trade Value (based on account's base currency).

Created at 05 Oct 2019, 17:47
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
CT

ctid1491065

Joined 05.10.2019

Retrieve Forex Lots Trade Value (based on account's base currency).
05 Oct 2019, 17:47

I'm trying to know my "exposition ratio" in a cBot. This would be calculated by the asset Trade Value / Balace. In Forex when trading a pair with the same base currency this is always the same fixed value 1 lot equals 100,000 i.e 

But when the pair uses another base currency the Trade Value is retrieved by the conversion between both base currencies i.e. 

Account base currency = USD

Symbol traded = EURAUD

Lot Trade Value = (1 - EURUSD) * 100000 * EURAUD

As Multi-Symbol is not supported for backtesting is not possible to GetSymbol / MarketSeries of another symbol so this calculation cannot be processed. 

Am I missing something ? 

Is there any workaround to know the lot trade value for other than account's base currency forex pairs ? 

PS: The previous day close price would suffice. It doesn't need to be real-time.  

@ctid1491065
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
07 Oct 2019, 09:10

Hi Peter,

Thanks for posting in our forum. All symbols have PipSize, a PipValue and a LotSize property. The pip value is the value of a pip in the account's balance currency for each unit. Combining this with the pip size and the LotSize, you can get the value you are looking for. The equation should be the below

Lot Trade Value = PipValue / PipSize * LotSize.

Let me know if this helps you.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

ctid1491065
07 Oct 2019, 12:00

Lot Trade Value = PipValue / PipSize * LotSize.

Let me know if this helps you.

Yes thank you. This is what I was looking for. 

@ctid1491065

... Deleted by UFO ...

... Deleted by UFO ...