Google.Apis.Sheets.v4 integration

Created at 04 Aug 2019, 10:58
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
BU

buccinator

Joined 04.08.2019

Google.Apis.Sheets.v4 integration
04 Aug 2019, 10:58

Hello, i hope to be able to write to an online spreadsheet or at the worst case a local file .csv (if i can not get it to work).

I was able to follow tutorials online with sample code to install Google.Apis.Sheet.v4 via NuGet with Visual Studio 2017. ie. The Libraries show in the Reference Manager in cTrader and are installed in the packages directory for the Robot. I had to copy the new app.config runtime params to the windows .NET machine.config for it to build.

Everything seems to Build fine but when it reaches request.Execute() call it crashes with "Crashed in OnStart with FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e, Retargetable=Yes' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

Searching online it says its a portable version of .NET4 for silverlight. I tried installing silverlight SDK hoping that it would somehow fix the issue, which it did not. I have tried a few other things but am at a complete loss. Is it even possible to include Google.Api.Sheets.v4?

cheers

@buccinator
Replies

buccinator
04 Aug 2019, 12:57

spoke too soon

well, i..

1. switched Properties>Application>Target Framework to .NET Framework 4.6.1

2. Updated NuGet packages

3. Updated machine.config from new app.config

.. and its now working.

@buccinator

buccinator
29 Aug 2019, 08:09

just an update to anyone who found this, the third step is not needed ie. updating machine.config. i am also adding the search term " google sheets " to this thread as it doesnt seem to be returning in the forum search.

@buccinator