V3.5 Backtesting reverting to max 200x

Created at 28 Jun 2019, 11:13
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

GDPR-83_694920

Joined 27.02.2019 Blocked

V3.5 Backtesting reverting to max 200x
28 Jun 2019, 11:13

Just been upgraded to V3.5 (IC Markets)

I am setting a backtest to run at 100000x then click on another cBot then back onto the cBot running the backtest and it has reverted to 200x

Started multiple backtests and set them to 100000x but clicking back on any of them they are all reverting to 200x

Is this by design or an issue?

I also seem to have lost a lot of chart history for some instruments (eg. JP225, NOKJPY both less than a year) - is this broker related?

Many thanks for any help

Max

Replies

GDPR-83_694920
28 Jun 2019, 11:30

Also forgot to mention that backtesting paused yesterday too - left them running at 200x went out for the evening and when came back they were all paused (but not actually paused using the pause button) so had to pause them (using the pause button) and play them to get them going again...

It is possible there may have been internet connectivity issues whilst I was out as I do experience very occasional brief outages but even with V3.3 if I was running multiple backtests it was a regular occurence that cTrader would seem to be in a disconnected state popping up the logon screen but the backtests were still running fine in the background whilst I was still able to browse/use internet no problems (it could well be something to do with the ISP/I'm in Thailand and have experienced similar oddities with other broker platforms that can only seem to be explained by the ISP 'doing something' to cause the issue...) but I would just leave cTrader running and it would eventually reconnect - sometimes I would purposefully disconnect/reconnect internet to get cTrader logged in again which it would almost always do instantly other times it could take an hour or more to get going again...

PanagiotisCharalampous
01 Jul 2019, 12:26

Hi Max T,

Regarding the multiplier issue, I could not reproduce it. Can you please grab a short video wtih the exact steps you are following?

About the disconnections, they are expected during the weekends due to mainteinance tasks taking place on our side. If they happen during weekdays then you will need to provide us with more information to investigate the issue. We will need broker and account number as wel as exact times of disconnection.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

GDPR-83_694920
01 Jul 2019, 13:20

Hi Panagiotis

I guess it must be something 'local' or broker related if you are unable to reproduce it but it is driving me crazy...

I have just uploaded video here using the sample martingale cBot so as to rule out anything to do with my own cBot being the issue - https://youtu.be/qd2qhrdSozg

Also I have noticed an issue with charts not showing full history (same thing in old version from what I remember) that is easier explained in this video - also the date/time pop up at the bottom of the crosshair seems to be missing now in the backtesting window as shown at begining of the video - https://youtu.be/xly5EpcFQHs

I have also just worked out totally by chance what was wrong with the severly limited history in some of the instruments when I went to video the JP225 in that I needed to set backtesting to minute data then back to tick data to get all the available history but missed it so did it on NOKJPY - video here - https://youtu.be/eFcdEdjiezA

(btw - the disconnections on old version are hopefully a thing of the past now I'm on the new version but were definitely connected to when I was heavily backtesting any day of the week and I could have 2 instances of cTrader open at the time with one connected fine and the other stuck in the disconnected state)

PS - would LOVE the ability to increase scroll bar sizes only/not whole interface as you can see in the vids they (and other 'tiny' buttons etc.) can be a real pain to 'catch' sometimes especially when trying to work quickly through repetitive tasks...

Thanks

Max

GDPR-83_694920
03 Jul 2019, 13:29

Hi Panagiotis

Appreciate you might be working on this (or quite posisbly busy on many other things!) but could you let me know if you have viewed the videos/seen the issue(s) please?

Many thanks

Max

PanagiotisCharalampous
03 Jul 2019, 14:53

Hi Max T,

We have seen the videos and we are looking into this. Most of the issues are known and planned to be fixed.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

GDPR-83_694920
03 Jul 2019, 15:11

OK great appreciate you letting me know thanks and will wait to hear - best of luck getting them sorted out

GDPR-83_694920
05 Jul 2019, 08:30

Hi Panagiotis

Another vid showing that the backtesting hangs and needs to be paused and played to get them going again - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYkJK7CtoEo

I can (just about) put up with 200x but this hanging is getting very frustrating...

Even if this issue is anything to do with internet glitches the old version kept running the backtests no problem

Also I tested the reverting backtest speed on my VPS and get the same issue

Thanks and hope a solution reveals itself soon! :)

Max

GDPR-83_694920
10 Jul 2019, 05:28

Hi Panagiotis

As you originally said you were unable to reproduce this issue and nobody else is adding to this post saying they are experiencing the same issue is this something unique to me for some reason and therefore low priority/unlikely to be resolved any time soon or is it an issue you have identified potentially affecting many users/it is high priority and a chance it may be fixed relatively soon please?

Thanks

Max

PanagiotisCharalampous
10 Jul 2019, 09:15

Hi Max,

If you are referring to the multiplier issue, we managed to reproduce it and we will fix it in an upcoming update.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

GDPR-83_694920
10 Jul 2019, 09:53

Hi Panagiotis

Yes the multiplier (and random hanging) issue is my main problem and is making backtesting practically unusable - only way is to backtest one cBot at a time and still it can hang

This topic is showing quite a few 'reads' surprised no one else has chipped in saying they are having the same issue/how are they able to effectively backtest like this...

Anyway thanks for letting me know and hopefully that means an incremental update not too far off in the future best of luck getting it sorted

Thanks

Max

GDPR-83_694920
17 Jul 2019, 12:55

Just got the platform update - happy to report multiple backtests now all running at full speed!

Very quick work well done getting it sorted very impressed thank you!