Account Equity Cease trading - Coding Help

Created at 05 Dec 2013, 19:35
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
KE

Kevin

Joined 05.12.2013

Account Equity Cease trading - Coding Help
05 Dec 2013, 19:35

Hi, does anyone know of a way to code in a kind of "fire-sale". I.e. when your equity hits a certain low, all trades are closed.

The idea being that a certain amount of equity is always protected, so I could (for example) go on holiday and leave a robot running without having to worry about it clearing my account. Although stop-losses should prevent this, it's possible with a series of bad trades and it would be typical that this would happen while I'm not watching.

@Kevin
Replies

Cerunnos
05 Dec 2013, 20:03

RE:

Kevin said:

Hi, does anyone know of a way to code in a kind of "fire-sale". I.e. when your equity hits a certain low, all trades are closed.

The idea being that a certain amount of equity is always protected, so I could (for example) go on holiday and leave a robot running without having to worry about it clearing my account. Although stop-losses should prevent this, it's possible with a series of bad trades and it would be typical that this would happen while I'm not watching.

protected override void OnStart()
        {
            startingBalance = Account.Balance;
        }

protected void CheckBalance()
        {
            if (Account.Equity <= startingBalance * BalancePercent)
            {
                foreach (var pos in Account.Positions)
                {
                    // If(pos.Label == "m10_Robot")
                    Trade.Close(pos);
                }
                Stop();
                Notifications.SendEmail("xy@domain.net", "xy@domain.net", "DrawDown!", "Robot was stopped! Check It!");
                Print("DrawDown!");
            }
        }

Hope that helps :-)

@Cerunnos

Cerunnos
05 Dec 2013, 20:10

Please add CheckBalance(); in method OnTick()

@Cerunnos

Kevin
05 Dec 2013, 20:13

Awesome, thanks!  :D

I noticed you replied to my other post too and I have a similar problem with this in that I don't know how to add it to the code I already have.

Also, I can change the email address as that is quite clear, but where do I edit/add the account balance or percentage?

@Kevin

Cerunnos
05 Dec 2013, 20:33

RE:

Kevin said:

Awesome, thanks!  :D

I noticed you replied to my other post too and I have a similar problem with this in that I don't know how to add it to the code I already have.

Also, I can change the email address as that is quite clear, but where do I edit/add the account balance or percentage?

In the declaration block add following code:

private double startingBalance;
private const double BalancePercent = 0.85;  // change the value = max. DrawDown

@Cerunnos