Turtles tested

Created at 29 Oct 2013, 22:48
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

jeex

Joined 18.10.2013

Turtles tested
29 Oct 2013, 22:48

That was a good laugh. I build the exact Turtle method as a Robot. According to the "legend" that was the essence of Turtle trading: machine like. Not being lead by emotions.

The turtle bot served both systems based on de Donchian channel. Tested them on several pairs and commodities. In all cases a straight and narrow line down hill.

@jeex
Replies

Cerunnos
30 Oct 2013, 00:17

RE:

jeex said:

That was a good laugh. I build the exact Turtle method as a Robot. According to the "legend" that was the essence of Turtle trading: machine like. Not being lead by emotions.

The turtle bot served both systems based on de Donchian channel. Tested them on several pairs and commodities. In all cases a straight and narrow line down hill.

Then you have to eat the turtle soup ;-)

@Cerunnos

jeex
30 Oct 2013, 08:56

Vegie

From this turtle soup nobody gets fat.

@jeex

Cerunnos
30 Oct 2013, 09:41

But maybe you should check again the parameters. For the correct settings and improvements do I need a few more days. With turtle soup I actually meant the opposite strategy :-)

@Cerunnos

virtuesoft
30 Oct 2013, 12:00

One of my strategies is based on the turtle trading rules. It has very good results. Are you stacking trades? That is the key to the system.

@virtuesoft

Kate
30 Oct 2013, 14:52

What do you mean by "stacking trades"?

@Kate

jeex
30 Oct 2013, 15:34

Oh beautiful N

Stacking as in setting more trades if things go well on 1/2N distance. yes. I also turned the strategy 180 degrees around, but with the same "volatile" results.

Maybe virtuesoft can share the core of his strategy, as there seem to be more Turtle Strategies around. 

@jeex

jeex
30 Oct 2013, 17:01

Nice robot

Modelling of a succesful trader was an educational journey. Job's done. Testing back and live went well. Customer is happy as his trading takes less time and less efforts and less risk.

In the meantime i learned a lot about trading Forex. So started building my own robot, partially based on this Turtle business. And it does pretty well on the Euro-USD pair in a H1 setting. Still working on it for other pairs and even M15.

@jeex

r3365btc
17 Jun 2016, 02:01

RE:

jeex said:

I've made some small mods to the system which are working well (copied from someone, can't remember who). I use a 4 day fake-out stop, and the ADX20. IF ADX < yesterdays ADX, then start scaling out.

How much for your turtle code?

@r3365btc