Profitable robot

Created at 16 Oct 2013, 21:59
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
WI

wisek

Joined 16.10.2013

Profitable robot
16 Oct 2013, 21:59

Hello everyone.

I created a profitable robot, but before going live I would like to hear your opinion about it. Here its back testing results:

settings:

balance graph:

statistic:

What do you think?

@wisek
Replies

gb1980be
16 Oct 2013, 22:45

Hi Wisek,

Your robot looks good and profitable :-) Good job mate.

But without the settings, it's hard to evaluate it.

SL ? TP ? ... Martingale ? what is the strategy ?

Can you share it to the community ?

@gb1980be

wisek
16 Oct 2013, 23:32

SL: 150 pips, TP: 100 pips but protection was put just in case. Robot closes and opens positions by signals of modified Bollinger Bands indicator. It trades for 0.5 lot per time and keeps only one position opened.

I don't think that posting profitable robot to a public resource is a good idea.

@wisek

hichem
17 Oct 2013, 08:12

RE:

I think it would be a good idea if you backtest on the value of our real account balance. Do you intend to go live with 10000 $ ?

wisek said:

SL: 150 pips, TP: 100 pips but protection was put just in case. Robot closes and opens positions by signals of modified Bollinger Bands indicator. It trades for 0.5 lot per time and keeps only one position opened.

I don't think that posting profitable robot to a public resource is a good idea.

@hichem

virtuesoft
17 Oct 2013, 10:52 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

It looks pretty good to me.

Are you compounding your profits? This would probably make a big difference if you're not already doing so.

Also, have you looked at stacking positions? I have found that this made a huge difference to some of my robots. It generally works well when the robot enters during a breakout period, which may be the case with your robot as you're using Bollinger Bands.

My main robot initially had results similar to yours, but when I implemented the two features above it improved a lot.

@virtuesoft

Old Account
17 Oct 2013, 17:27

Could you put the robot up fot download? It won't effect you proffit, only help others.

@Old Account

gb1980be
17 Oct 2013, 18:54 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

I agree with MRSV. It's the goal of a forum : exchange advices and share our knowledge.

Here is my robot (start with 1000€) but only show pictures of profitable robot has no sense.

@gb1980be

virtuesoft
18 Oct 2013, 10:36

RE:

Okay, well why don't you lead the way.

I think that there are probably a dozen or so regular visitors to this forum who have good, profitable robots. However, nobody wants to give away their intellectual property without getting something in return. Maybe when one good robot is shared others will follow. I think a more realistic solution is to swap good robots via email. It was proposed before in another thread but I don't think much came of it.

gb1980be said:

I agree with MRSV. It's the goal of a forum : exchange advices and share our knowledge.

Here is my robot (start with 1000€) but only show pictures of profitable robot has no sense.

@virtuesoft

Cerunnos
18 Oct 2013, 11:35 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

Hi. I've seen there impressive graphs. For me, especially a low max drawdown value is beside the profit important. With my current robot I have a value of approximately 16% (6 months). With a special parallel system of demo and live robot I can still significantly reduce this value and so avoid prolonged loss phases. I currently trade exclusively with gold and would be very interested in an exchange of knowledge with other traders: cerunnos32@gmx.at
regards

@Cerunnos

Cerunnos
18 Oct 2013, 13:46 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

The same robot as above but without automatic volume adjustment. The graph looks better. More profit, but also a significantly higher drawdown value ( = more risk)...

@Cerunnos

Old Account
18 Oct 2013, 15:53

I am currently whaiting for funds to  pay Scywere to code a robot for me. If it turns out profiteble i would be happy to share it after some testing.

Do anyone have any experience hit Scywere?

@Old Account

cogs
19 Oct 2013, 06:01

Yes, I do.

Hichem has been great to work with. I am yet to get the end result and still concerned about intellectual property.

Sharing robots on a public forum is just insane! Indicators maybe yes. Haven't you guys heard of FapTurbo and others which ended up in too many traders trading the same system?

As soon as you let your system get into even one other persons hands, the secret is out and compound ownership is unstoppable. This is why Forex Factory and others are great food for brokers.

If I see my concept out there I will hunt down the leak and prosecute them, then visit them in person.

@cogs

atrader
21 Oct 2013, 10:07

RE:

cogs said:

Yes, I do.

Hichem has been great to work with. I am yet to get the end result and still concerned about intellectual property.

Sharing robots on a public forum is just insane! Indicators maybe yes. Haven't you guys heard of FapTurbo and others which ended up in too many traders trading the same system?

As soon as you let your system get into even one other persons hands, the secret is out and compound ownership is unstoppable. This is why Forex Factory and others are great food for brokers.

If I see my concept out there I will hunt down the leak and prosecute them, then visit them in person.

Please enlighten the rest of us. What is the problem if too many users trade with the same strategy? Moreover, how many is too many?

@atrader

breakermind
21 Oct 2013, 12:27

RE: RE:

Hello,

somehow it seems to me that none of you have earned nothing for those of your works
if you do have such secrets.
it's ridiculous to put the results of the strategy without code.

buahahaha ridiculous .... bye

@breakermind

virtuesoft
21 Oct 2013, 12:52

RE: RE: RE:

breakermind said:

Hello,

somehow it seems to me that none of you have earned nothing for those of your works

Okay. So let me get this straight. It's ridiculous to post your results without the code. However, it isn't ridiculous to give away the code to your successful strategy for nothing in return, with the added risk that if too many people use your code it may completely ruin your strategy. I'm sorry but that doesn't make sense.

I've been a C# developer for around 8 years and a trader for 3 years. The skills I have are my edge over the market. I only have one successful robot, which took me months to develop and test. However, I've probably coded around 100 different robots over the past year or so. I'm not going to give away my only successful robot for free unless I think that I'm getting something else equally as good in return. I've worked too hard on my robot to do this. If it was easy to develop a successful robot I might think differently.

@virtuesoft

Cerunnos
21 Oct 2013, 12:54

breakermind said:

Hello,

Indeed !
buahahaha ridiculous .... bye my friend

@Cerunnos

virtuesoft
21 Oct 2013, 12:59

RE: RE:

atrader said:

Please enlighten the rest of us. What is the problem if too many users trade with the same strategy? Moreover, how many is too many?

If there are 50 people trading your robot then you're competing with 50 people to be filled at the same price. You're likely to be filled at a less favourable price which will affect your bottom line. Looking at it from another point of view, if 50 people are trading in your direction it may help move the price in your favour. It's hard to define exactly what impact it can have but I do think cogs is generally correct. The less people trading your robot the better.

@virtuesoft

Cerunnos
21 Oct 2013, 13:07

RE: RE: RE: RE:

virtuesoft said:

breakermind said:

Hello,

Okay. So let me get this straight. It's ridiculous to post your results without the code. However, it isn't ridiculous to give away the code to your successful strategy for nothing in return, with the added risk that if too many people use your code it may completely ruin your strategy. I'm sorry but that doesn't make sense.

I've been a C# developer for around 8 years and a trader for 3 years. The skills I have are my edge over the market. I only have one successful robot, which took me months to develop and test. However, I've probably coded around 100 different robots over the past year or so. I'm not going to give away my only successful robot for free unless I think that I'm getting something else equally as good in return. I've worked too hard on my robot to do this. If it was easy to develop a successful robot I might think differently.

I fully agree with you. But a few interested parties could work together to develop a new robot and all in this forum would benefit from it (like the great project by user nobulart)...

@Cerunnos

breakermind
21 Oct 2013, 13:10

virtuesoft said:

atrader said:

If there are 50 people trading your robot then you're competing with 50 people to be filled at the same price. You're likely to be filled at a less favourable price which will affect your bottom line. Looking at it from another point of view, if 50 people are trading in your direction it may help move the price in your favour. It's hard to define exactly what impact it can have but I do think cogs is generally correct. The less people trading your robot the better.

if everyone on earth would have to play your works (maybe)
but its stil funny hahahaha

Ok its last post bye.

@breakermind

jeex
21 Oct 2013, 13:27

Wisek is right

I must agree with Wisek on this, not to share his code. I think non of us should share robots. Robots only work because of the unpredictability of the market. If (...) we all use the same strategies and robots, we trade mainly against our selves. But before that point is reached, the brokers would all be broke and before that we would have been kicked out with our ever winning bots.

So sharing strategies, plans, snippets of code and experience is fine by me, but as i will never share my robots and EA's, nor will i ever expect others to do so.

@jeex

Old Account
21 Oct 2013, 17:51

I agree it stupid to give away a robot to the public whit noting in return. So if i were to give my profiteble robot away for free I would offer it to the people who are helping others whit there codeing.

@Old Account

iRobot
28 Oct 2013, 10:08

RE: RE: RE: RE:

Virtuesoft,

have you tested your robot on real account?

Can you share your mail?

virtuesoft said:

breakermind said:

Hello,

@iRobot