Backtesting......... !!

Created at 19 Feb 2019, 09:23
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

Symposium

Joined 16.07.2018

Backtesting......... !!
19 Feb 2019, 09:23

What has been changed in the last few updates?? 

ALL my coded cBots, new and old (3.0) return the message (below) when I try and backtest any (even slightly) altered algo's.

BT Log: Crashed in OnStart with NotSupportedException: Chart operations are not supported in optimization

Starting to have one too many issues with memory usage as well.... absolutely strangles the CPU.......

@Symposium
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
19 Feb 2019, 10:02

Hi Symposium,

As the message indicates, you are probably using chart operations in the cBot e.g. drawing objects on charts. These operations are not supported in optimization.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

Symposium
19 Feb 2019, 12:22

Thanks Panagiotis..... My apologies.. It was text that displays on the Chart. I'm sure this is a new phenomenon, my code has contained txt print commands for over 7 months.

Another error that is new coming up is the one below.... 

BT Log:  Crashed in OnStart with ArgumentException: Incorrect parameters count. Parameter name: parameterValues

I seached the Ctrader site for a fix for both... very little info on error codes, statements, maybe something that can be added.

Thanks in advance Panagiotis

@Symposium

PanagiotisCharalampous
19 Feb 2019, 12:25

Hi Symposium,

This error comes up when you have a custom indicator and you pass the wrong number of parameters to the constructor. Can you please check your code?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous