Bot stops working and we can not work out why

Created at 20 Sep 2018, 09:29
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
JJ

jjcolacicco

Joined 08.08.2018

Bot stops working and we can not work out why
20 Sep 2018, 09:29

Hello.

A friend has worked on a logic and has had it coded which i am now testing for him.  For a yet unknown reason the Bot keeps pausing/stopping.

I can not claim to know the ins and outs of the logic but there is no reason in the code that would stop the Bot, there are no errors.  The server i am running is more than powerful enough to handle the code.

Is there something in the background that would cause a bot to stop working such as too much data being sent, collected etc or is the a maximum amout of trade that can be open at one time? To confirm the strategy has not been anywhere near the smart stop level either.

The bot trades in at Tick 10 so it can have many hundresds of positions open.

Thanks in advance.  If further detail is need please let me know

@jjcolacicco
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
20 Sep 2018, 10:25

Hi jjcolacicco,

The information provided is very general for us to give an advice. Can you share the cBot as well as explain what do you mean when you say it stops working? Does the status of the cBot change from running to stopped?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

jjcolacicco
20 Sep 2018, 11:02

RE:

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi jjcolacicco,

The information provided is very general for us to give an advice. Can you share the cBot as well as explain what do you mean when you say it stops working? Does the status of the cBot change from running to stopped?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

The bot screen will show markers above and below. These are distances from the ma that update on bar. The limit orders track these on tick. When the bot becomes overloaded, the markers fail to update and pause. At 700 - 1000 orders Ctrader is slow, sluggish and unresponsive in spite of having plenty of ram and CPU power to call upon.

again i have been asked not to post the code because the code does not seem to be broken.  the platgform just stops working.  stopping at restarting the bot fixes the problem

@jjcolacicco

PanagiotisCharalampous
20 Sep 2018, 11:06

Hi jjcolacicco,

Unfortunately without having the cBot code, we cannot determine what is the source of the delay. We need to know what the cBot does.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

Jonkey
26 Sep 2018, 14:23

This sorta happened to me when I first set up my vps. It may be a different thing but make sure when you log into cTrader on the vps "remember me" is selected at login so it stays logged in. Otherwise when you are not watching it logs you out and your cBot stops...

@Jonkey

Jonkey
26 Sep 2018, 14:26

RE:

Jonkey said:

This sorta happened to me when I first set up my vps. It may be a different thing but make sure when you log into cTrader on the vps "remember me" is selected at login so it stays logged in. Otherwise when you are not watching it logs you out and your cBot stops...

Sorry forget that different problem...

@Jonkey