Half close position without repetition.

Created at 20 Mar 2018, 17:24
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

alexander.n.fedorov

Joined 02.01.2018

Half close position without repetition.
20 Mar 2018, 17:24

Dear Pangiotis,

I have code, where upon reaching a certain price the position is closed, let us say, 50%

Also, I am using 

"...

protected override void OnBar()
        {
            OnStart();
        }

''''

Tryin to figure out how to make the the rest of the order is not closed, upon reaching the same condtion.

I tryied to use position.comment, but it is read only.

There probably could be walk around like 

if (condition) 

{

var volumeToClose = Symbol.NormalizeVolume(position.Volume * PositionPartClosing);

ModifyPosition(position, newStopLoss, null);

}

and then use null in takeProfit as a flag, but I do think it is the best solution.

Can you suggest something?

Regards,

Alexander

@alexander.n.fedorov
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
20 Mar 2018, 17:34

Hi Alexander,

From what I understand you need to track which positions have been modified and not modify them again in case they have. You could hold all the modified positions in a separate list and before modifying a position check if the position is in the list or not.

Let me know what you think of this.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

alexander.n.fedorov
20 Mar 2018, 17:57

Half close

Panagiotis,

nice Idea, the problem would be if the robot stops for some reason, restarting it you are going to loose a list, cause on restart everything is reinitialized.

It has to be smth on the server, like position information. Can I keep the list on a server? Probably not, that's why I wanted to use the position comment

Regards.

Sasha

@alexander.n.fedorov

alexander.n.fedorov
21 Mar 2018, 06:12

Half close

Or maybe you mean that I have to keep list on a separate application list, like an Excel for example?

In my particular case after I close half, I do the trailing, so in this case position.Takeprofit equals to there could serve as a flag, I quesss, but it is not clean solution.

@alexander.n.fedorov

PanagiotisCharalampous
21 Mar 2018, 09:25

Hi Alexander,

Yes you could store this information in a file if you would like it not to be lost on a restart. I agree with you that using the TP is not a good idea.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

alexander.n.fedorov
21 Mar 2018, 09:39

Half close

If you could just give me an idea, how to get access to an Excel file, or even better -  I store all of my trades there - to an SQL server. 

Just small example will probably do

@alexander.n.fedorov

alexander.n.fedorov
21 Mar 2018, 09:41

As a matter of fact, If I new how to interface an SQL server with print messages, then I could have all the history reported and automated

@alexander.n.fedorov

PanagiotisCharalampous
21 Mar 2018, 09:44

Hi Alexander,

It doesn't need to be Excel or SQL. A simple csv would be enough. There are plenty of examples on how to do this like this one.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous