Inbound reading parse email

Created at 05 Mar 2018, 15:21
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
MA

mariuszpawel33

Joined 13.10.2017

Inbound reading parse email
05 Mar 2018, 15:21

Hello Colleagues. I am trying to read emails from my gmail account and spent hours to find any topic on the forum and could not find any. 

Can you recommend any webiste, forum discussion I could get the most suitable for cAlgo email .dll and parse email code ?

Your help would be greatly approcaited.

Thanks

Mariusz

@mariuszpawel33
Replies

mariuszpawel33
06 Mar 2018, 02:00

I hired C# programmer and we started coding in IMAP - emails were working very slowly and cAlgo was taking over 4 min to read them. Whilst we have re-coded in POP3 everything seems to be working fine now. Please confirm POP3 protocol is better for cAlgo than IMAP and we should not have any problem with POP3, when gong live. 

@mariuszpawel33

PanagiotisCharalampous
06 Mar 2018, 11:11

Hi mariuszpawel33,

I don't think there is anything to confirm since it is not clear to us what you are doing. cAlgo is just a .Net application that can be used for executing your cBots (.Net libraries) and cAlgo.API is a .Net library that can be used by your cBots. So there is nothing specific to email protocols and performance should not deviate much from any general .Net application executing the same code. As far as your issue is concerned, POP3 is a simpler protocol than IMAP therefore I would expect it to be faster. Are you reading emails using a cBot? Then, maybe your performance issue is a cBot specific issue. If you share more information, like the cBot code, then maybe we can provide more specific guidance.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

mariuszpawel33
06 Mar 2018, 19:00

Thank you for your prompt answer Panagiotis. Yes I am trying to create cBot reading emails and have tried using MailKit. Thank you for confiriming you do not expect big differences in using POP3 or IMAP and performance should be almost the same. Then,most probably you are right , and there must have been issues with my IMAP coding. I greatly approciate for being ready to have a look at IMAP code, however POP3 is working perfectly now, so I will not bother you.

All my best
Mariusz

@mariuszpawel33