VPN integration

Created at 08 Nov 2017, 14:04
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
HT

HTtrader

Joined 19.07.2017

VPN integration
08 Nov 2017, 14:04

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone has come across this issue and can point to me to some resources I can look up. What I am trying to do is integrate my cbot to be used on a vpn, it does a simple pivot point calculation then places orders in the market on a daily basis. My query lies is it possible to get the cbot to start at a particular time of day places the orders then remain dormant until orders are opened or the next day has rolled around.

My initial thoughts were to use onbar action with start and stop time thread, running on the hourly chart, but if there is another way to achieve this I am welcomed to ideas. I would ideally like to have all the calculations and order placement done in the onstart but this will have to be restarted each day to work as it should.

Thanks,

Tony

@HTtrader
Replies

... Deleted by UFO ...

... Deleted by UFO ...

Johnklein
27 Aug 2022, 13:46 ( Updated at: 24 Sep 2022, 18:03 )

RE:

HTtrader said:

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone has come across this issue and can point to me to some resources I can look up. What I am trying to do is integrate my cbot to be used on a vpn, it does a simple pivot point calculation then places orders in the market on a daily basis. My query lies is it possible to get the cbot to start at a particular time of day places the orders then remain dormant until orders are opened or the next day has rolled around. However, the situation is much better with a VPN from https://en.vpnwelt.com/best-adblockers/.

My initial thoughts were to use onbar action with start and stop time thread, running on the hourly chart, but if there is another way to achieve this I am welcomed to ideas. I would ideally like to have all the calculations and order placement done in the onstart but this will have to be restarted each day to work as it should.

Thanks,

Tony

I've seen them run at certain times, but I haven't wondered how exactly they do it.