PlaceStopOrderAsync has no marketRangePips?

Created at 31 Oct 2017, 14:56
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

Mikro

Joined 20.06.2015

PlaceStopOrderAsync has no marketRangePips?
31 Oct 2017, 14:56

Hi All, dear Support,

I'm just working on a Bot using PendingOrders. To my surprise I cannot find a Parameter to define MarketRange for the Order Execution if the Stop Price was triggered?

Am I missing something or is there realy no Option for MarketRange with a StopOrder?

If no, with which maximum MarketRange is a StopOrder executed?

THX

@Mikro
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
01 Nov 2017, 11:03

Hi Mikro,

Stop Limit orders are still not supported in cAlgo. They will be out soon.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

Mikro
01 Nov 2017, 13:13

Hi Panagiotis,

thanks for the Info.

Then, is there any limit for the Stop Order execution or could it potential be executed after a gap with like 100Pips of the Stop Price?

Thx

Mikro

@Mikro

... Deleted by UFO ...

PanagiotisCharalampous
01 Nov 2017, 14:51

Hi Mikro,

No there isn't. That is why we are introducing Stop Limit order soon. Stop orders are executed as market orders when triggered. What you can do currently , instead of placing a Stop Order, is to keep track of the trigger price and when reached to place a market order with range. Let me know if this helps you.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

Mikro
01 Nov 2017, 22:01

Hi Panagiotis,

that clarifies the Orderhandling an rises another Question ;)

Are there any "Benefits" in Terms of the Precision or Speed executing a pending Order vs a Markt Order? Does the Market Maker "preallocate" the pending Order an matches it prior to the Price hitting the Stop Level?

Or in short, will I encouter a better Order Execution with pending Orders?

Thx Mikro

@Mikro

PanagiotisCharalampous
02 Nov 2017, 17:27

Hi Mikro,

No there isn't any real benefit besides the convenience of not needing to program yourself all this execution process.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous