How to find correct name for a trade??

Created at 06 Jul 2017, 14:12
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
CT

ctid320188

Joined 19.04.2017

How to find correct name for a trade??
06 Jul 2017, 14:12

Hi,

Is there a way of getting the "correct name" for a symbol when placing a trade.

My issue is: I'm using MarketData.GetSymbol but it seems when I look at ICMMarkets for example they have the name as "UK100" but my spotware account knows it as "UK 100" and fxpro knows it as "#UK100".

In a robot if I pass over a name of "UK100" then I can't lookup this name on spotware as it's expecting it to be "UK 100" etc.

Is there a way to find a global name for these items/indicies etc?

Thanks

@ctid320188
Replies

Uche
06 Jul 2017, 14:48

RE:

ctid320188 said:

Hi,

My issue is: I'm using MarketData.GetSymbol but it seems when I look at ICMMarkets for example they have the name as "UK100" but my spotware account knows it as "UK 100" and fxpro knows it as "#UK100".

In a robot if I pass over a name of "UK100" then I can't lookup this name on spotware as it's expecting it to be "UK 100" etc.

Thanks

You can use the boolean:

Symbol.Code.Contains("UK")

or for clarity use:

Symbol.Code.Contains("UK") && Symbol.Code.Contains("100") 

@Uche

Uche
06 Jul 2017, 14:56

RE: RE:

Uche said:

ctid320188 said:

Hi,

Thanks

You can use the boolean:

Symbol.Code.Contains("UK")

or for clarity use:

Symbol.Code.Contains("UK") && Symbol.Code.Contains("100") 

If you want to pass that symbol in a cbot for multiple brokerages,then you can improvise by creating a list of possible names which you can search.

@Uche