Stop orders trigger method in robot

Created at 06 Apr 2017, 12:05
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
LS

LSR2412

Joined 07.11.2014

Stop orders trigger method in robot
06 Apr 2017, 12:05

Hi,

I see that is possible to change stop order trigger method, are they triggered with bid or ask, but only when new order launched from cTrader.

How can this be written for orders made in robot?ž

Thanks

@LSR2412
Replies

LSR2412
08 May 2017, 22:41 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

RE:

Hi,

I relly need help with this. I made robot to place stop order as way to open position.

But with order placing trough robot I can't find a way to change how that stop order is triggered.

Only way to do it is after placing order with robot, to manually open order and change settings (marked with ornage circle on screengrab).

Is there a way to do it trough robot.

Thanks

@LSR2412

... Deleted by UFO ...

LSR2412
09 May 2017, 11:01

thanks lucian, but I can't find how to do it with modifying pending order.

There is no parametar under modify pending order instruction.

All stop orders are triggered by default settings :

for buy stop order, if ASK price reaches buy stop order level - it triggeres that order

If buy stop order is placed, then double clicked on that order under pending orders tab, window modify pending order is opened.

If then you click on arrows I marked at above screengrab, that default trigger method is changed.

As I did that on screengrab, you see now that order will be triggered when BID price reaches buy stop order level.

Why is this important?

If I trade with narrow stop, and spread is a bid wider (before economic news etc.) this prevents order to be filled because of change in that spread.

@LSR2412