When price breaks through a line and closes alarm

Created at 28 Jun 2013, 22:12
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
SI

silverpuma

Joined 28.06.2013

When price breaks through a line and closes alarm
28 Jun 2013, 22:12

II'm not sure if this is the right forum for this question.  I trade live with ctrader (just changed from VFM and Ninjatrader) but I am no coded.  Would love to be and will enjoy trying to learn but I'm on the very bottom step of the ladder here!  So way out of my depth....eek

Anyways a general question.  Can I develop the alarm mentioned below and have it work on ctrader or will I need to manually trade via the calgo platform and not use ctrader if I want the alarm to work for me.  I realise this is very basic but I'm trying to understand how all this fits together as a whole.  I feel like I'm swimming underwater with my eyes open....I can make out shapes but their all fuzzy:-)

The alarm:

What I need is when a candle breaks a trend line/ray/horizontal line and closes below I then get sent a text and email and an alarm pop up on my ctrader screen.  The alarm, text, and email are only sent when the candle closes so I'm not getting sent numerous notifications as price fluctuates back and forth the line before the candle closes.   Any help or advice how to get started with this would be great.....thanks!!

@silverpuma
Replies

cAlgo_Fanatic
04 Jul 2013, 15:44

You can download this indicator Price Alarm (Sound) which is similar to your request for alarms.
For email notifications please see the API reference examples:/api/internals/inotifications/sendemail-0857

Refer to this video for instructions on email settings.

Let us know if you need additional help.

@cAlgo_Fanatic