9 seconds delay for modify a position???

Created at 16 Nov 2016, 17:00
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
GS

GS66

Joined 12.04.2015

9 seconds delay for modify a position???
16 Nov 2016, 17:00

Hello,

Before the request to amend a position is successfull  the platform gives errors.

Why?

Is a bug or what?

Please don't tell me script is not good cause I've tested with many script incuding Spotware Break Even Sample and always the same problem: 9-12 seconds of "TRADING BAD STOPS" before the request is accepted.

If the code was not good the request will never be accepted, but if there a delay of 10 seconds then the problem is the platform.

You can't live trading on a platform that needs 10 seconds to amend a position, please correct this big bug.

@GS66
Replies

kricka
19 Nov 2016, 15:55

Amend of a position

Maybe the problem is that in a fast-moving market the amend of the position is not possible at the price requested, and therefore there will be an error following that. Of course, up to 10 sec to amend a position is not acceptable. More a broker issue than a platform issue, I would think in that case. Try out the Market Order 3.0 cBot, with a move to break-even, plus extra pips if required and trailing of the position. I never had any amend problems but in a very fast moving market you can get an error, but still, the position should be amended immediately and within a few ms if run on a VPS. 

Information and download link: Market Order 3.0

@kricka