Referencing a Custom Indicator in Visual Studio

Created at 02 Jun 2013, 14:02
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

Delta_Gamma

Joined 02.06.2013

Referencing a Custom Indicator in Visual Studio
02 Jun 2013, 14:02

Hi,

Apologies if this has been asked before but I have not seen it yet:

I have a robot that I want to debug with Visual Studio 2012, I have referenced the calgo.API and calgo.Indicators but I am not sure how to reference the custom indicator that my bot uses as a reference.

e.g. //#reference: C:\Users\MyPc\Documents\cAlgo\Sources\Indicators\AdaptiveCG.algo

is used in the program I wrote on cAlgo, how do I reference that in Visual Studio?

Thanks.

@Delta_Gamma
Replies

hichem
02 Jun 2013, 14:47

The Algo file is a zip file. Extract it, inside of it you will find one or more assembly files. rename those files to the corresponding classes inside of them. reference them in Visual Studio.

@hichem

Delta_Gamma
02 Jun 2013, 16:47

Hi,

When I tried renaming it, I get the error:

A reference to C:\Users\myPc\Documents\cAlgo\Sources\Indicators\AdaptiveCG.dll could not be added. Please make sure that the file is accessible, and that it is a valid assembly or COM component.

Sorry, I'm new to C# programming.

Thanks for the help.

@Delta_Gamma

hichem
03 Jun 2013, 00:15

RE:
Delta_Gamma said:

Hi,

When I tried renaming it, I get the error:

A reference to C:\Users\myPc\Documents\cAlgo\Sources\Indicators\AdaptiveCG.dll could not be added. Please make sure that the file is accessible, and that it is a valid assembly or COM component.

Sorry, I'm new to C# programming.

Thanks for the help.

dont just rename the algo file. you should first extract its content.

@hichem