Meet cTrader for Mac

Created at 07 Dec 2023, 12:17
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

Spotware

Joined 23.09.2013

Meet cTrader for Mac
07 Dec 2023, 12:17

We at Spotware are delighted to announce that following thorough development, we are finally bringing you the most advanced cTrader product: cTrader for Mac!

[Download cTrader for Mac] 

Due to numerous user requests, we have created an application for Mac. We have been working on it for almost a year and are very excited to release the first version. This is truly a native trading application for macOS with built-in algorithmic trading, one of a kind in the world.

Following the strict guidelines of the macOS operating system makes it easier to leverage hardware resources on your devices, ensures top app performance and provides a seamless user experience. It also offers the convenience of familiar Mac user shortcuts that you already know and love.

Moreover, cTrader for Mac, in addition to manual trading and copy functionality, includes algo trading capabilities, allowing you to develop and run trading bots and custom indicators.

We are continuing our work on the Mac version of cTrader, and in the near future, it will include all the features of other cTrader platforms along with some special extras for our Mac users.

The application is optimised for macOS 14 but also supports older versions, starting from macOS 10.15.

[Download cTrader for Mac] 

@Spotware
Replies

Capt.Z-Fort.Builder
07 Dec 2023, 13:44

đź‘Ť

@Capt.Z-Fort.Builder

brandonjames0754
08 Dec 2023, 17:35 ( Updated at: 09 Dec 2023, 05:51 )

hello, I have downloaded this on my Mac, but I can not find the backtesting tab its non existent. I've even deleted the application and downloaded a new one. can you help me please?

@brandonjames0754

PanagiotisCharalampous
09 Dec 2023, 05:57

RE: Meet cTrader for Mac

brandonjames0754 said: 

hello, I have downloaded this on my Mac, but I can not find the backtesting tab its non existent. I've even deleted the application and downloaded a new one. can you help me please?

Hi there,

These features will come in a later version.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

brandonjames0754
09 Dec 2023, 09:35

RE: RE: Meet cTrader for Mac

PanagiotisCharalampous said: 

brandonjames0754 said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

thank you for the reply, will this also include being able to add c bots from the download site

@brandonjames0754

BBMG
10 Dec 2023, 10:55

Congrats!

This is fantastic news Spotware! Congrats and many thanks for developing cTrader for Mac.

@BBMG

PanagiotisCharalampous
11 Dec 2023, 08:08

RE: RE: RE: Meet cTrader for Mac

brandonjames0754 said: 

brandonjames0754 said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

thank you for the reply, will this also include being able to add c bots from the download site

Hi there,

You should be able to run cBots in real time mode with the current version.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

tuandunguit
12 Dec 2023, 09:58 ( Updated at: 12 Dec 2023, 14:55 )

Hi,

This is great news! Waiting so long for this version on Mac. Thank you!

Besides that, do we have any target date of Backtest and Optimization features? Without those features, allowing develop bots doesn't make much sense since we can't test them.

@tuandunguit

PanagiotisCharalampous
13 Dec 2023, 06:22

RE: RE: RE: RE: Meet cTrader for Mac

tuandunguit said: 

Hi,

This is great news! Waiting so long for this version on Mac. Thank you!

Besides that, do we have any target date of Backtest and Optimization features? Without those features, allowing develop bots doesn't make much sense since we can't test them.

Hi there, 

The team is currently working on this but unfortunately we cannot provide an ETA at this moment.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

yahuimns
14 Dec 2023, 06:39

Congratulations :)

It's so good!

Good job!

I love you ALL of SPOTWARE.

14 December 2023

@yahuimns

nguyenhuuquyet1192
15 Dec 2023, 11:21 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:23 )

Hi, I think the Ctrader app for Mac is great, it has really nice interface and it works smoothly. 
But I love the way iPad app place an order more like in the picture, I think it is perfect already, cause it allows me to see loss and win right on the chart.
 I think if you guys can combine that feature on this app. this will become an excellent, flawless app.

Oh, I think this also need, advance protection like on Spotware web, it's a great feature too.

Thank you for making such a great app. Love Ctrader more than ever. I really looking forward too see it in the next update. Love you guys

@nguyenhuuquyet1192

Tarek.ElRaey
16 Dec 2023, 21:38

Amazing step but . . . .

thank you so much Ctrader team for this amazing step .. i am really impressed about the interface and the app for MAC however

Ctrader automation is missing the most important features :

- Optimization

- Backtesting

the app is slightly heavy and not quickly responding to clicks , tried it over 2 MAC laptops with different MAC OSX versions. 

since i am mainly using the Automation feature i will be excitingly looking forward for the new version coming with the Optimization and Backtesting

@Tarek.ElRaey

Tarek.ElRaey
17 Dec 2023, 19:13

Automation optimization and backtesting

the only feature that was not there on the web was automation features including Backtesting and optimization . so launching a MAC CLient without this defeats the whole purpose behind having a mac client as all other features can be done through web access 

@Tarek.ElRaey

PanagiotisCharalampous
18 Dec 2023, 07:31

RE: Automation optimization and backtesting

ctid6168533 said: 

the only feature that was not there on the web was automation features including Backtesting and optimization . so launching a MAC CLient without this defeats the whole purpose behind having a mac client as all other features can be done through web access 

Hi there,

Backtesting and optimization will be released in upcoming versions.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

yahuimns
21 Dec 2023, 04:15

Hi

The indicators of cTrader for windows not work

@yahuimns

PanagiotisCharalampous
21 Dec 2023, 06:54

yahuimns said: 

Hi

The indicators of cTrader for windows not work

Hi there,

Only .Net 6.0 cBots and indicators are supported. Please make sure your cBots and indicators have been upgraded.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

CnicholasdownieLive
24 Dec 2023, 01:07 ( Updated at: 24 Dec 2023, 06:00 )

Incredible work guys. Well done and well wanted 

@CnicholasdownieLive

ctid3999979
24 Dec 2023, 17:46

Favourite Timeframes

Hi

Hope you all had a good Christmas.

Unless I'm doing something wrong, I've noticed that I can't change my favourite timeframes and so can't cycle through them with the up & down arrows.

@ctid3999979

marc.lerouzo
24 Dec 2023, 23:38

Support Osx Ctrader.app

Hello, it would be really helpful to add CTrader.app support for Osx 10.13 high sierra and Osx 10.14 Mojave.
I was impatiently waiting for this application and I admit that I am very disappointed not to be able to install it on Osx 10.14...
Could you add support in future updates??

Sincerely.

Mark

@marc.lerouzo

duug
27 Dec 2023, 14:19

Hello

I am having trouble getting the forum to work correctly. This is a test.

@duug

eXyuman
31 Dec 2023, 13:31 ( Updated at: 31 Dec 2023, 16:08 )

Custom Indicators

Hello, how can I add custom Indicators to Ctrader Mac Desktop app?

@eXyuman

PanagiotisCharalampous
31 Dec 2023, 16:25

RE: Custom Indicators

eXyuman said: 

Hello, how can I add custom Indicators to Ctrader Mac Desktop app?

Hi there,

This is not possible at the moment. It will be implemented in an upcoming update of the application.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

svenissimo
07 Jan 2024, 13:28

Amazing, thank you.... font size?

First off this is amazing.  Given how the mac is fast becoming the best DEV environment and the hardware leaning into AI its great to see this initial version on the mac…

I see a keyboard shortcut to "reset the font" CMD+0"

I can't seem to scale the fonts up or down using the typical CMD+plus 

is there anyway currently to scale the screen fonts or UI ?  Accessibility wise I'm struggling.

@svenissimo

ctid3999979
11 Jan 2024, 09:14

Error when opening cTrader

Hi

I'm getting the following error when opening cTrader. I have to Force Quit and go back to my Windows VM. I have tried reinstalling it.

Using Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71) on M2 Max.

@ctid3999979

Hamidrz.babaeifar
13 Jan 2024, 19:05 ( Updated at: 15 Jan 2024, 07:11 )

advance protection

Hi

I installed the version pf MacBook c trader but the advance protection option is not exist on it and there is no even the bottom of advance option. I will be appreciated for helping me.

best regards.

@Hamidrz.babaeifar

PanagiotisCharalampous
15 Jan 2024, 08:22

RE: advance protection

Hamidrz.babaeifar said: 

Hi

I installed the version pf MacBook c trader but the advance protection option is not exist on it and there is no even the bottom of advance option. I will be appreciated for helping me.

best regards.

Hi there,

This is not available at the moment, it will be added in an upcoming release.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

PanagiotisCharalampous
15 Jan 2024, 13:43

RE: Error when opening cTrader

ctid3999979 said: 

Hi

I'm getting the following error when opening cTrader. I have to Force Quit and go back to my Windows VM. I have tried reinstalling it.

Using Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71) on M2 Max.

Hi there,

Can you please install the latest update and let us know if it resolves the issue?

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

nguyenhuuquyet1192
18 Jan 2024, 10:08

nguyenhuuquyet1192 said: 

Hi, I think the Ctrader app for Mac is great, it has really nice interface and it works smoothly. 
But I love the way iPad app place an order more like in the picture, I think it is perfect already, cause it allows me to see loss and win right on the chart.
 I think if you guys can combine that feature on this app. this will become an excellent, flawless app.

I think this type of order placing is great. I suggest Ctrade should have. or at least make something where I can see stoploss on the chart when placing an order. In that case,  I dont have to calculate the size of the orders. Strongly suggest.

Oh, I think this also need, advance protection like on Spotware web, it's a great feature too.

Thank you for making such a great app. Love Ctrader more than ever. I really looking forward too see it in the next update. Love you guys

@nguyenhuuquyet1192

nguyenhuuquyet1192
18 Jan 2024, 10:09

nguyenhuuquyet1192 said: 

I think this type of order placing is great. I suggest Ctrade should have. or at least make something where I can see stoploss on the chart when placing an order. In that case,  I dont have to calculate the size of the orders. Strongly suggest.

@nguyenhuuquyet1192

ctid6605646
25 Jan 2024, 22:57 ( Updated at: 26 Jan 2024, 09:09 )

Click algo indicaotrs for mac

HI, I have tried to use some indicators from clickalgo, but they aren't compatible with Mac version. Where can I download compatible indicators like Volume Profile, Fair Value Gap, etc for Ctrader for Mac?

@ctid6605646

ClickAlgo
03 Feb 2024, 06:01 ( Updated at: 03 Feb 2024, 12:44 )

RE: Click algo indicaotrs for mac

ctid6605646 said: 

HI, I have tried to use some indicators from clickalgo, but they aren't compatible with Mac version. Where can I download compatible indicators like Volume Profile, Fair Value Gap, etc for Ctrader for Mac?

We are currently upgrading our products to work with the Mac OS, you can find a compatible list below.

Mac OS Upgrade List

If any of these are not working, please report it here.

@ClickAlgo

Dantr
05 Feb 2024, 20:49 ( Updated at: 06 Feb 2024, 07:30 )

RE: RE: RE: RE: Meet cTrader for Mac

How long will it take until the new version is released, with which MAC users can also access 'Backtesting' and 'Optimization' in the 'Automate' application?

brandonjames0754 said: 

brandonjames0754 said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@Dantr

PanagiotisCharalampous
06 Feb 2024, 07:38

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Meet cTrader for Mac

Dantr said: 

How long will it take until the new version is released, with which MAC users can also access 'Backtesting' and 'Optimization' in the 'Automate' application?

brandonjames0754 said: 

brandonjames0754 said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hi there,

There is no ETA at the moment but the team is currently working on these features.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

kylecaydenbl
11 Feb 2024, 21:03 ( Updated at: 12 Feb 2024, 06:39 )

unable to see charts on MacOS (Sonoma) and web version

I wanted to try CTrader for MacBook and today 11/02/2023 no data are available either on the MacBook version displayed on ctrader's website or webversion …

I think I'm just going to buy the parrallel software and run the windows version because beside tis type of problems there is still importants features that are not available (yet) on the macOS version if I believe the comments I see below.

@kylecaydenbl

PanagiotisCharalampous
12 Feb 2024, 06:54

RE: unable to see charts on MacOS (Sonoma) and web version

kylecaydenbl said: 

I wanted to try CTrader for MacBook and today 11/02/2023 no data are available either on the MacBook version displayed on ctrader's website or webversion …

I think I'm just going to buy the parrallel software and run the windows version because beside tis type of problems there is still importants features that are not available (yet) on the macOS version if I believe the comments I see below.

Do you still have this issue? On weekends there is maintenance taking place, therefore some interruptions might occur

@PanagiotisCharalampous

makmik44
17 Feb 2024, 00:07 ( Updated at: 17 Feb 2024, 05:50 )

for mac os 10.13

i have  mac os 10.13 . i cant install ctader 

@makmik44

PanagiotisCharalampous
17 Feb 2024, 10:37

RE: for mac os 10.13

makmik44 said: 

The supported versions are written in the announcement

The application is optimised for macOS 14 but also supports older versions, starting from macOS 10.15.

@PanagiotisCharalampous

PanagiotisCharalampous
17 Feb 2024, 10:37

RE: for mac os 10.13

makmik44 said: 

@PanagiotisCharalampous

makmik44
18 Feb 2024, 01:22

RE: RE: for mac os 10.13

makmik44 said: 

thank you sir i know .

but Will you provide users mac os 10.13 to use ctrader soon?

@makmik44

makmik44
18 Feb 2024, 01:25

RE: RE: RE: for mac os 10.13

makmik44 said: 

makmik44 said: 

thank you sir i know .

@makmik44

PanagiotisCharalampous
18 Feb 2024, 06:55

RE: RE: RE: RE: for mac os 10.13

makmik44 said: 

makmik44 said: 

makmik44 said: 

thank you sir i know .

No we do not have such plans

@PanagiotisCharalampous

Thanatham
19 Feb 2024, 05:35 ( Updated at: 19 Feb 2024, 06:23 )

Hope for Pivot Points. 

It's great indicator I ever used. ^^

@Thanatham

kavehkaviani
21 Feb 2024, 08:24 ( Updated at: 21 Feb 2024, 09:45 )

Hello and thank you for the mac version, there is something that i really appreciate if you fix.

when i want to set the marker order, there is no live handle for set stop loss(which was super handy and helpful). may i ask to have that in next update please?

thanks

@kavehkaviani

driftingprogrammer
22 Feb 2024, 16:47

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Meet cTrader for Mac

As someone pointed out there is very little difference between the web version and the native mac version at this point.

One very important feature missing in mac like in the web version is to use the filter in the history tab and to be able to see the sum of all the filtered positions net profit.

Here it shows me the 2 positions that were closed this week based on my search criterion but it does not show the sum of the net profit of these two positions at the bottom.

This sum should be made available both on the native mac version and the web version, and it would be a great improvement to both the products.

Thanks. 

@driftingprogrammer

ftmo1700140845
23 Feb 2024, 10:38 ( Updated at: 24 Feb 2024, 07:36 )

Watchlist not visible

How can I show my Watchlist? In the Web App it is as easy as described here:

https://help.ctrader.com/ctrader/interface/market-watch/#watchlists

However in the Mac OS App I do not see any chance to see or create my Watchlist

@ftmo1700140845

PanagiotisCharalampous
26 Feb 2024, 08:04

RE: Watchlist not visible

ftmo1700140845 said: 

Watchlists are not available at the moment. They will be released in an upcoming update.

@PanagiotisCharalampous

PanagiotisCharalampous
26 Feb 2024, 08:04

RE: Watchlist not visible

ftmo1700140845 said: 

Watchlists are not available at the moment. They will be released in an upcoming update.

@PanagiotisCharalampous

greg83
26 Feb 2024, 08:42 ( Updated at: 27 Feb 2024, 06:40 )

Advanced TP

Just downloaded cTrader for MacOS last night.. 

Are there no Advanced Take Profit options yet?

I can see the shield icon on the orders???

@greg83

ftmo1700140845
26 Feb 2024, 14:48 ( Updated at: 27 Feb 2024, 06:40 )

RE: RE: Watchlist not visible

ftmo1700140845 said: 

Thanks for the information. That obviously kills the usability of the Desktop App for Mac. In the lower timeframes, no serious trader will have the time to search through all symbols.

@ftmo1700140845

PanagiotisCharalampous
27 Feb 2024, 06:48

RE: Advanced TP

greg83 said: 

Hi there,

Advanced protection will be released in an upcoming update of the application.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

burmesterfinance
27 Feb 2024, 23:27 ( Updated at: 28 Feb 2024, 07:57 )

RE: RE: Meet cTrader for Mac

brandonjames0754 said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hey, are there any news on this and a timeline?

Thanks for feedback and hopefully a fast implementation;)

@burmesterfinance

PanagiotisCharalampous
28 Feb 2024, 08:33

burmesterfinance said: 

brandonjames0754 said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hey, are there any news on this and a timeline?

Thanks for feedback and hopefully a fast implementation;)

No we do not have an ETA for this

@PanagiotisCharalampous

daniellegirodtrades
10 Mar 2024, 17:53

Great Move CTrader, please remove Logo for the middle of chart.

Hey CTrader team, firstly congrats on this move, it's been long awaited by many of us. I actually only realised today this was available and immediately downloaded it, I've been reading through other issues, the one Issue I haven't seen is the CTrader Logo right in the middle of the chart issue, becuase this is a major issue. I read price action, and this logo is beyond distracting for me, I would personally never trade on a platform that has their logo Directly in the middle, please guys tell me there is a way for me to turn it off. I've been with you since 2013, I know your logo very well, we all do. Please do not put it on the chart like this. If anyone knows how to turn this logo off please share it with me, I'm going to youtube it now. 

Thank you and appreciate this application, please help us help you to iron out the bugs.

Highest Regards

@daniellegirodtrades

wade.elston.lambert
10 Mar 2024, 23:42 ( Updated at: 11 Mar 2024, 07:41 )

Restart Algos on Startup

Hello 

Is the setting for restarting algos automatically on startup coming soon for mac?

Its normally here on windows :)

Thanks

@wade.elston.lambert

PanagiotisCharalampous
11 Mar 2024, 09:03

RE: Great Move CTrader, please remove Logo for the middle of chart.

daniellegirodtrades said: 

Hey CTrader team, firstly congrats on this move, it's been long awaited by many of us. I actually only realised today this was available and immediately downloaded it, I've been reading through other issues, the one Issue I haven't seen is the CTrader Logo right in the middle of the chart issue, becuase this is a major issue. I read price action, and this logo is beyond distracting for me, I would personally never trade on a platform that has their logo Directly in the middle, please guys tell me there is a way for me to turn it off. I've been with you since 2013, I know your logo very well, we all do. Please do not put it on the chart like this. If anyone knows how to turn this logo off please share it with me, I'm going to youtube it now. 

Thank you and appreciate this application, please help us help you to iron out the bugs.

Highest Regards

Hi there, 

Just right click on your chart and select Background

@PanagiotisCharalampous

PanagiotisCharalampous
11 Mar 2024, 09:04

RE: Restart Algos on Startup

wade.elston.lambert said: 

Hello 

Is the setting for restarting algos automatically on startup coming soon for mac?

Its normally here on windows :)

Thanks

Hi there,

Features that are missing will be added in future releases but we cannot commit on an ETA at the moment.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

... Deleted by UFO ...

... Deleted by UFO ...

... Deleted by UFO ...

salvo.rubera
02 Jul 2024, 13:04 ( Updated at: 02 Jul 2024, 18:41 )

RE: RE: Advanced TP

greg83 said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Buongiorno sono passati mesi. Tantissime app utilizzano il multi Tp e Sl anche per gli ordini limit, così che il trader sia tranquillo. Posso capire quanto ci vuole per questi banali aggiornamenti? iOS inesistente, Mac inesistente. Grazie

@salvo.rubera

PanagiotisCharalampous
02 Jul 2024, 18:50

RE: RE: RE: Advanced TP

salvo.rubera said: 

greg83 said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Buongiorno sono passati mesi. Tantissime app utilizzano il multi Tp e Sl anche per gli ordini limit, così che il trader sia tranquillo. Posso capire quanto ci vuole per questi banali aggiornamenti? iOS inesistente, Mac inesistente. Grazie

Hi there,

We do not have an ETA at the moment.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous