What's New in cTrader Desktop 4.6

Created at 25 Jan 2023, 08:48
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

Spotware

Joined 23.09.2013

What's New in cTrader Desktop 4.6
25 Jan 2023, 08:48

cTrader Desktop 4.6 Introduces cBots Fault Tolerance, New Methods in Automate API, and Backtest Improvements

It is with great pleasure that we announce the release of the brand-new version of cTrader Desktop 4.6, which comes with various valuable updates to cTrader Automate, as well as multiple convenience perks for manual trading.

Download cTrader Desktop 4.6

Enjoy Uninterrupted Operations with Fault Tolerance of cBots
A cBot will now continue running even if an unhandled exception occurs. Additionally, algo developers can now handle such errors using a new "OnException" method in Automate API. Find out more in our Help Center.

Customise Mouse Wheel Actions
Users can now choose the preferred action for the mouse wheel on charts: zoom in/out or scroll.

Use Local Storage
Local storage is a convenient way to save data on a user’s computer without requesting full access, even if cBots and indicators stop or start again. Find out more in our Help Center.

Backtest on Renko and Range Charts
Our users requested it, so we did it! Now users can backtest cBots on Renko and range charts.

Calculate Volume Based on Risk
We have added several new Automate API methods to calculate order volume or stop loss distance in pips based on acceptable risk.

Simplify Your Exchange Rate Conversion
The new "Convert()" method in Automate API allows algo developers to effortlessly convert currencies using the latest market rates. This means that algo developers no longer need to manually code the conversion process and can now benefit from an automated solution. Find out more in our Help Center.

Differentiate by Instance ID
Every running cBot and indicator instance now has its own ID that is saved by the system even if cTrader restarts and can be used by developers in algo programming.

Define Color Parameter Type
Developers can now add color parameter types to their algorithms. Users can set up color parameters using the color picker.

Export cBot Optimization Parameters
Algo developers can now save, export and re-use their cBot optimisation settings: an extra time-saving convenience perk.

Backtest on Historical Conversion Rates
Currency conversion in backtesting has become even more precise because it is now based on historical conversion rates.

Download cTrader Desktop 4.6

@Spotware
Replies

dave.anderson.consulting
25 Jan 2023, 11:34

Awesome!
Big, useful and necessary features that I and probably many algo developers have been waiting for. These additions alone were enough to bring me back to cTrader. Can't wait to rewrite my algos back to cTrader.
Especially Renko-Range backtest and optimization possibilities are a very big improvement. But Local Storage and Rate Conversion are also great enrichments.

I don't know what or who put this on the agenda and made it possible, but I am very grateful. Very much appreciated.

@dave.anderson.consulting

firemyst
25 Jan 2023, 17:58

Awesome new features! About time we got the color parameter and Exception handling method!

Now all we need is an update to Renko charts with an option to show the "tails" and not just the open/close prices of each bar.

Thanks @Spotware!

@firemyst

MaRCHeW
25 Jan 2023, 20:09 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:23 )

RE:

Mind-blowing update guys! Really thank you! 

@MaRCHeW

matt92
26 Jan 2023, 06:40

Backtesting on renko charts! Amazing :) Thanks!

@matt92

Anonymus272
26 Jan 2023, 20:11

Candle Zoom

Awesome the last Updates ! I thank God and the cTrader Team for this amazing hard Work ! 

Thank you true

Moongirl

@Anonymus272

baolinhhk9
28 Jan 2023, 12:38 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:23 )

load wrong data

I create a strategy (range chart) but when I backtest, Ctrader load data (tick data) of many order pair of currency (I backtest XAUUSD, but Ctrader load tick data of EURUSD, then XAUEUR,...). Why?

@baolinhhk9

Spotware
30 Jan 2023, 09:32

Dear trader,

Please share your cBot code so that we can investigate further.

Best Regards,

cTrader Team

@Spotware

Fx4U.net
30 Jan 2023, 10:09

RE:

Spotware said:

Dear trader,

Please share your cBot code so that we can investigate further.

Best Regards,

cTrader Team

Error occurred when backtesting cross currency pairs. For example GBPJPY, ctrader 4.6.2 will download the data of major currency pairs (USDJPY and GBPUSD) first and then download the data of the GBPJPY cross currency pair. If this is not the case please clear the data of major currency pairs before trying

@Fx4U.net

easymode
31 Jan 2023, 07:26 ( Updated at: 31 Jan 2023, 07:32 )

It appears that with this update, we are unable to change the name of a strategy. I don't see anything about this in the "whats new" announcement, but I can only assume this was changed in some sort of attempt to stop strategy providers from creating and deleting lots of strategies.

This has some major flaws:

1) A strategy provider can just make failed strategies only visible to those with an invite link anyway. So the desired outcome of this change isn't achieved.

2) Can you imagine a simple typo ruining a strategy providers credibility? For example, he writes "tradse" in his name instead of "trades". He then has to abandon his account and restart with zero trade history if he wants to be a strategy provider on your platform, otherwise no one will follow him. This will likely delay him for 6+ months if he had an established account history before deciding to become a strategy provider.

It's hard to believe such a change like this was implemented with seemingly no consideration for the above points. Basic functionality has been removed for zero benefit.

@easymode

taras.alenin
11 Feb 2023, 14:16

Differentiate by Instance ID

Hey Team,

Any more information about the "Differentiate by Instance ID"? What does it do, and how to use this?

Thanks!

@taras.alenin

PanagiotisChar
13 Feb 2023, 10:01 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:23 )

RE: Differentiate by Instance ID

taras.alenin said:

Hey Team,

Any more information about the "Differentiate by Instance ID"? What does it do, and how to use this?

Thanks!

Hi there,

A new field has been added to algos called InstanceId

It's unique for each cBot instance and you can use it as you see fit.

Aieden Technologies

Need help? Join us on Telegram

Need premium support? Trade with us

@PanagiotisChar