What's New in cTrader Desktop 4.4

Created at 04 Oct 2022, 09:38
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

Spotware

Joined 23.09.2013

What's New in cTrader Desktop 4.4
04 Oct 2022, 09:38

cTrader Desktop 4.4 Unveils  Shared Account Access, Technical Analysis Features, and One-Click Functionality

cTrader Desktop 4.4 introduces shared account access and advanced technical analysis features, including an updated drawing toolbar and new Fibonacci Timezones to level up users’ trading experience.

Share access to your trading account

Users can now share, revoke, and waive access to their trading accounts with other traders. Access is limited to trading activities and does not include deposits and withdrawals on behalf of the account holder. Portfolio Managers and IBs can access and manage several shared accounts of different users. Shared Access is available in the Spotware Crossbroker App.

View the Expanded Trading Central in ASP

Short or Long-term forecasts. Users can get the enriched Trading Central window from the Active Symbol Panel with additional technical analysis data and trading ideas. A tutor at the users’ fingertips.

Place orders from the main toolbar

Any order - any time! The “New Order” button in the toolbar is always on display and allows users to place orders at any moment. Trading simplicity at its best.

Meet the Heikin Ashi Chart

A powerful addition to cTrader’s chart arsenal. The Heikin-Ashi calculation chart type uses a modified formula based on two-period averages, making the chart smoother and allowing for easier spotting of trends and reversals.

Estimate Results with the Updated Crosshair tool

Get a better estimate of your trades’ results with additional data through the Crosshair feature. Now traders can not only see Pips, Periods, and Price, but also Change and Gross P&L.

Open Drawing Menu with a Right-Click

Users can display all drawing modifying options for each drawing on the chart via a simple right-click on the Active Drawing.

Display Active Chart in Minimized View

Keeping track of charts is now as easy as minimizing the cTrader Desktop app with the brand-new “Always on Top” feature. Users are now able to minimize charts & enjoy other activities while staying tuned.

Get ahead with Fibonacci Timezones Drawing

A new Fibonacci Timezones drawing is now added to cTrader Desktop. Users can get ahead of potential reversals with Fibonacci Timezones and leverage their trading opportunities.

Display Custom Windows

Up until now, cBots and Custom Indicators could show detached windows with custom content. No special permissions or cross-threading are required for this feature. Detached windows have all the controls users may need inside the chart.

Send email Notifications via MailKit

Users can now set up and receive cBot and custom indicator emails via MailKit.

Use WebView control

Display third-party services inside cTrader and build custom UI using the full power of HTML+css. WebView is based on the latest Chromium version providing up-to-date support for modern web technologies.

Install cBots & Indicators in 1 click

Download cBots and indicators from ctrader.com and install them on the platform in a single  click!

Download cTrader Desktop 4.4

@Spotware
Replies

Greenstar
05 Oct 2022, 03:31

ROI

Hi, 

SInce this update ROI calculation is not working as it should for many strategies it is now displaying the incorrect percentage when calculating roi

@Greenstar

tekASH
05 Oct 2022, 14:07

RE:

Hi..nice update

I'd like to clarify one thing about Shared account....does the IB/Money manager still have access to history of his management of one's account even after the access is terminated in future? Just to have check his performance of the given account.

@tekASH

Waxy
06 Oct 2022, 00:54

RE:

Hello Spotware, great update as always.

Would you please show examples of the following features?

- Use WebView control
- Send email Notifications via MailKit
- Display Custom Windows
- Display Active Chart in Minimized View

Regards,

@Waxy

TraderExperto
12 Oct 2022, 02:39 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:22 )

Just a little example on how to use the new Custom Window

public ToggleButton ShowPanel;

public Window W;

protected override void Initialize()
        {     
             ShowPanel = new ToggleButton 
            {
                Width = 60,
                Height = 25,
                Text = "Show",
                VerticalAlignment = VerticalAlignment.Top,
                HorizontalAlignment = HorizontalAlignment.Left,
                Margin = "20 110 0 0",
                BackgroundColor = Color.FromHex("FFBF9100"),
                FontWeight = FontWeight.DemiBold
            };

Chart.AddControl(ShowPanel);

ShowPanel.Checked += ShowPanel_Checked;
            ShowPanel.Unchecked += ShowPanel_Unchecked;

W = new Window();

W.Width = 600;
            W.Height = 400;

W.MinWidth = 500;
            W.MinHeight = 300;

W.MaxWidth = 700;
            W.MaxHeight = 500;

W.ResizeMode = ResizeMode.CanResize;

W.BackgroundColor = "FF013861";
            var wrapPanel = new WrapPanel();

for (var i = 0; i < 10; i++)
            {
                var button = new Button 
                {
                    Text = "Click Me",
                    BackgroundColor = "#0E9247",
                    Margin = 5
                };
                wrapPanel.AddChild(button);
            }
            W.Child = wrapPanel;
        }

private void ShowPanel_Unchecked(ToggleButtonEventArgs obj)
        {
            ShowPanel.Text = "Show";
            W.Hide();
        }

private void ShowPanel_Checked(ToggleButtonEventArgs obj)
        {   
            ShowPanel.Text = "Hide";

W.WindowStartupLocation = WindowStartupLocation.CenterScreen;
            W.Show();
        }

@TraderExperto

PanagiotisChar
13 Oct 2022, 07:49

My friends at Spotware added some cool guides

WebView - Window

Enjoy!

Aieden Technologies

Need help? Join us on Telegram

Need premium support? Trade with us

@PanagiotisChar

tekASH
13 Oct 2022, 10:02

RE:

PanagiotisChar said:

My friends at Spotware added some cool guides

WebView - Window

Enjoy!

Aieden Technologies

Need help? Join us on Telegram

Need premium support? Trade with us

Kindly explain hpw to use MailKit thing..its not clear

@tekASH

Waxy
13 Oct 2022, 13:05

RE: RE:

I'm having some reference issues with WebView and Window

- Severity    Code    Description    Project    File    Line    Suppression State
Error    CS0246    The type or namespace name 'Window' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    WindowSample    C:\Users\USUARIO\Documents\cAlgo\Sources\Indicators\WindowSample\WindowSample\WindowSample.cs    23    Active

- Severity    Code    Description    Project    File    Line    Suppression State
Error    CS0103    The name 'WindowStartupLocation' does not exist in the current context    WindowSample    C:\Users\USUARIO\Documents\cAlgo\Sources\Indicators\WindowSample\WindowSample\WindowSample.cs    73    Active

Error    CS0246    The type or namespace name 'WebView' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    WebViewOnWindow    C:\Users\USUARIO\Documents\cAlgo\Sources\Indicators\WebViewOnWindow\WebViewOnWindow\WebViewOnWindow.cs    8    Active

Error    CS0246    The type or namespace name 'WebViewLoadedEventArgs' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    WebViewOnWindow    C:\Users\USUARIO\Documents\cAlgo\Sources\Indicators\WebViewOnWindow\WebViewOnWindow\WebViewOnWindow.cs    41    Active

I'm using latest version of Spotware cTrader, these references should not be missing.
Also, when I build with "Embedded" compiler, these errors are not shown, but it doesn't let me add any instance.

@Waxy

dave.anderson.consulting
26 Oct 2022, 18:22 ( Updated at: 03 Nov 2022, 16:45 )

It would have been nice if Spotware finally paid some attention to the long-awaited non-time based backtesting and optimization. Although I can load the data into NinjaTrader via a NinjaTrader connector and test my cTrader algo there, I would prefer to do it directly on the cTrader itself.

In addition, it would be nice if the code of built-in indicators was made publicly available. That would boost the algo trading and tooling development on the cTrader. In some cases there are strange differences with the built-in indicators on other platforms such as NinjaTrader and MetaTrader4/5. That makes it more difficult for an algo trader/developer and financially less interesting to make the same tooling for cTrader.

@dave.anderson.consulting

asc444555@gmail.com
10 Nov 2022, 16:54

cimbele \\ 4.4.19

das kottnech cimbel 4.4.19 solltega mer

@asc444555@gmail.com