What's New in cTrader Automate API 3.6

Created at 24 Jul 2019, 09:21
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

Spotware

Joined 23.09.2013

What's New in cTrader Automate API 3.6
24 Jul 2019, 09:21

Dear traders,

We would like to inform you that we have released cTrader Desktop v3.6! The main feature of this release for developers and traders is custom UI elements for charts. cBots and indicators now can add UI controls on the chart, such as text labels, inputs, buttons and more.

Please find full description with examples in this forum post:

Introducing Chart Controls in Automate API

To demonstrate some of the possibilities we added a new cBot called Sample Trading Panel. You can play with it in real-time trading or using visual backtesting to manually trade on historical data.

The rest of the changes can found below.

cTrader user ID

Get cTrader user ID using

Account.UserId 

Note that this number is not a trading account number. To get the account number use Account.Number .
You can read more about cTrader ID (cTID) here https://help.ctrader.com/ctrader/getting-started/ctid

cTrader version

Get current cTrader version using

Application.Version

Users time UTC offset
Get UTC offset selected by user in cTrader platform and get events when it is changed.

Application.UserTimeOffset;
Application.UserTimeOffsetChanged;

Get color theme and theme change event
You can get selected color theme in cTrader which can be dark or light. Also you can subscribe to an event when it is changed.

Application.ColorTheme;
Application.ColorThemeChanged;

@Spotware
Replies

tmfd
24 Jul 2019, 10:08

This is great, but any progress on multi symbol backtesting? Last time I asked a rough timeline of the first half of 2019 was given. Thanks.
@tmfd

PanagiotisCharalampous
24 Jul 2019, 16:43

Hi tmfd,

The plan is for v3.7.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

sifneosfx
25 Jul 2019, 11:37

and what about shortcuts? :)

@sifneosfx

uvwxyz
25 Jul 2019, 14:52

workspaces and new versions

Hi

When i was logged in before this new version, I had hundreds of instances and charts-combinations opened in my cusom indicators,. Today with the compulsory update to new version, I have none left. All I get is the bare custom indaicators. How can I get those instances with set charts and parameters  back. I tried the same workspace that i had before.  The same workspace opens but with no charts.

Does cAlgo delete the old workspaces it had saved in the cloud, when a new version comes out? If so why doesn't it allow us to save the workspaces somewhere else?  How can I get back my hard work ?

Thanking you.

@uvwxyz

mamadrhyatt
27 Jul 2019, 14:34

Jogotte Magic Ring For Money Powers,Power Of Prophecy,Marriage Bind,Quick Sale Of Property Call+27734736385 In Milnerton

JOGOTTE POWERFUL BLESSED MAGIC RING-WALLET FOR MONEY POWERS POWER OF PROPHECY CONTACT MAMA HYATT@+27734736385 IN USA,S.AFRICA,ITALY,GREECE,CANADA.HOLLAND,FINLAND,FRANCE,GERMANY,BELGIUM,UK,POLAND
Magic ring blessed with the ancestral spirits power. Tap into the power of the spiritual realm with magic rings. Magic rings for love, magic rings for money, magic rings for protection, magic rings for fertility, magic rings for success & power.
We have magic rings for power, magic rings for marriage, magic rings for protection & magic rings for money. Magic rings for the healing of spiritual & physical problems.
By the power of magic rings for lost love, I can help anyone bring back an old lost lover. My magic rings for lost love will make your ex-love, love you again, they will be so attracted to you and be thinking of you all the time that they will come back to you.

http://www.loveandmagick.net

@mamadrhyatt

ctid1456149
17 Aug 2019, 09:39

RE:

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi tmfd,

The plan is for v3.7.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Yes, this is all great, awesome team and platform etc., but the critically missing features are:

1. Multi-symbol, multi-timeframe backtesting. It is just not serious without it! Mentioned by others a gazillion of times. Surely, we can implement it ourselves with FIX API. But why Automate to exist then?
  2. Program and bot autostart on reboot/crash/restart/update/accidental closure etc.
  3. A new method in cBots that would allow to control other bots, start/stop them with a configurable set of parameters and ideally also check some overall performance characteristics.
    These control cBots can be made in a separate class of bots (for safety, so only when someone wants it, they would make or use these), and it is them that could be exclusively made configurable to autostart on program/computer start.
  4. Backtesting that acquires and displays equity and balance per tick.

Less critical but still very much desirable and missing features are:

1. Flexible timeframes. Yes, this is possible. And we do not have to have myriads of timeframes. Just pick boxes for type and ‘unit length’ and a plus/minus button to configure a desirable number of these.
  2. Auto-storing backtesting results (that can be switched on and off on demand) and the top pickable number of optimisation results. Together with the parameters. So, these can be loaded/viewed later. And these results (again) need to be per tick and not per trade. Currently, we have no idea what the actual equity flex was in between trades.
  3. Use of parallel/async methods throughout in the program (I am talking about the cTrader program itself and not just cBots) and use of OpenCL whenever possible. Currently it got better, I admit that, but from the overall performance it still looks that there were far too many shortcuts made in the base programming and it does not seem optimal at all.
  4. Folders for storing data configurable from the program. We all are annoyed to check AppData all the time.

If these will be implemented, I can promise that I will promote the platform by all means, for free and with dedication.

@ctid1456149

AlgoGuru
28 Aug 2019, 12:46

My question is: API 3.6 when will be available? I checked IcMarkets, TradeView, FxPro, Pepperstone but i do not see the new functions. All 3.5

For example Error CS0143: The type 'cAlgo.API.Button' has no constructors defined.

Thanks,

AlgoGURU

@AlgoGuru

PanagiotisCharalampous
28 Aug 2019, 12:47

Hi AlgoGuru,

As soon as 3.6 is stabilized on Spotware Beta. Soon I hope.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

lec0456
03 Sep 2019, 06:06

I don't want to rain on anyones parade  but this update gives the impression like some technology loving kid is running development having fun with all the "cool" things he can do, adding more bell and whistles. But! multi sysmbol backtesting is the one and only thing that he should be working on.  We have been waiting on this for years, it has the potential to make users money and it would give your software a competative advantage over your competitors. My suggestion, Put this developer kid in the basement at cTrader head quarter and don't let him out until he has finished the multi currency backtesting update!!!!!

@lec0456

PanagiotisCharalampous
03 Sep 2019, 09:26

RE:

lec0456 said:

I don't want to rain on anyones parade  but this update gives the impression like some technology loving kid is running development having fun with all the "cool" things he can do, adding more bell and whistles. But! multi sysmbol backtesting is the one and only thing that he should be working on.  We have been waiting on this for years, it has the potential to make users money and it would give your software a competative advantage over your competitors. My suggestion, Put this developer kid in the basement at cTrader head quarter and don't let him out until he has finished the multi currency backtesting update!!!!!

Hi lec0456,

Multicurrency backtesting is coming in 3.7.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

tmfd
04 Sep 2019, 19:40

RE: RE:

lec0456 said:

Hi lec0456,

Multicurrency backtesting is coming in 3.7.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Any eta on 3.7?  Even weeks or months?  Thanks

@tmfd

PanagiotisCharalampous
09 Sep 2019, 09:44

Hi tmfd,

It should be weeks.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

Tatsuya
02 Oct 2019, 16:55

Do we ever get 3.6? What's the hold up?

It's been almost 3 months since you introduced 3.6 to spotware cTrader.

@Tatsuya

PanagiotisCharalampous
02 Oct 2019, 16:58

Hi Tatsuya,

3.6 has already been released to some brokers. It should be avalable soon to all cTrader brokers.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

Tatsuya
02 Oct 2019, 17:04

RE:

Hi Tatsuya,

3.6 has already been released to some brokers. It should be avalable soon to all cTrader brokers.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Good to hear,thanks for an instant reply!

@Tatsuya

Amaizing
03 Oct 2019, 20:45

Any news on the performance of the cTrader program? I notice the newer versions are much slower, also backtesting becomes very sluggish....

@Amaizing

GoldnOil750
04 Oct 2019, 05:49 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:21 )

Hi,

the new version is highly unstable and eating around 1.3 GB Memory and upto 40% of CPU time (it fluctuates a lot)....   ver 3.5 was ok and more stable.  Have attached the screen shot of the cTrader ver 3.6 from TradersWay compared to ver 3.5 from IC Market and FxPro and you can see how much memory and CPU % each is using....

only one chart is opened on TradersWay cTrader Platform ver 3.5 while FxPRo and IC Markets have many charts and indicators attached. Have un-installed and re-installed the TradersWay cTrader ver 3.6 platform also but no improvement...  right now the market is very calm but still it is highly CPU hungry....

I am using core i7 4th gen CPU with 16GB mem and a SSD hard drive.  

hope Spotware fixes this issue before more Broker release this version or if Spotware and others can attach a screen shot of the memory usage from different brokers and maybe something is wrong at TradersWay Brokers cTrader platform...

Regards,

SKhan

@GoldnOil750

firemyst
07 Oct 2019, 03:38 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:21 )

RE:

GoldnOil750 said:

Hi,

the new version is highly unstable and eating around 1.3 GB Memory and upto 40% of CPU time (it fluctuates a lot)....   ver 3.5 was ok and more stable.  Have attached the screen shot of the cTrader ver 3.6 from TradersWay compared to ver 3.5 from IC Market and FxPro and you can see how much memory and CPU % each is using....

only one chart is opened on TradersWay cTrader Platform ver 3.5 while FxPRo and IC Markets have many charts and indicators attached. Have un-installed and re-installed the TradersWay cTrader ver 3.6 platform also but no improvement...  right now the market is very calm but still it is highly CPU hungry....

I am using core i7 4th gen CPU with 16GB mem and a SSD hard drive.  

hope Spotware fixes this issue before more Broker release this version or if Spotware and others can attach a screen shot of the memory usage from different brokers and maybe something is wrong at TradersWay Brokers cTrader platform...

Regards,

SKhan

I think what SpotWare should consider implementing is a way to clear out previous indicator data when running bots, or limit the range of data stored.

For example, create a bot and load any indicator. It will possible have data from well over 2000 ticks ago in the IndicatorDataSeries object. Now imagine your bot uses at least 3 indicators. That sucks up memory, and subsequently CPU time to navigate the object to find data.

The majority of bots I've seen don't bother or even look at data from more than 8 hours ago, so we should be given a way to clear that data out to reduce memory and cpu footprint.

@firemyst

GoldnOil750
07 Oct 2019, 10:25

I sincerely believe that Spotware should look inwards by start comparing their PLATFORM with another platform like MT4 interms of performance and execution speed rather than in terms of beauty....

still today during a little volatility the platform will freeze and will not let you do anything....  by adding a few indicators and multiple chart the Platform overall response time increases and one experiences frequent delays....

I think its time that they do a side by side comparison of their Platform with MT4 in terms of performance with multiple charts, indicators and during news time...  and I am sure within minutes you will know where your Platform stands....

No#1 thing every real trader wants is smotth performance without any freezes or slowing down due to multiple chart or indicators.....  

anyways, I am saying that for number of years but still haven't seen any improvement in performance....    the GUI and few features are very good and very trader friendly.

@GoldnOil750

matt92
17 Oct 2019, 14:34

This is the worst update I have ever experienced! I have a bot that will not place trades due to this update! I have been waiting for next update so this is fixed! Please release it ASAP.

@matt92

PanagiotisCharalampous
17 Oct 2019, 14:51

Hi Matt,

Can you please provide more information about this issue? What is the problem and in which version do you experience it, 3.5 or 3.6?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

matt92
18 Oct 2019, 15:28

RE:

Hi Matt,

Can you please provide more information about this issue? What is the problem and in which version do you experience it, 3.5 or 3.6?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

I have a cbot that I can not use due to the update. It will not open any positions! There is a major bug on cTrader 3.6 Automate API, which doesn't execute the code on each new upcoming bar. I am waiting for next update to have this issue solved, hopefully!

@matt92

PanagiotisCharalampous
18 Oct 2019, 15:45

Hi Matt,

Can you share the cBot code with us and steps to reproduce the problem?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

afhacker
18 Oct 2019, 16:00

RE: RE:

matt_graham_92@hotmail.com said:

Hi Matt,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

I have a cbot that I can not use due to the update. It will not open any positions! There is a major bug on cTrader 3.6 Automate API, which doesn't execute the code on each new upcoming bar. I am waiting for next update to have this issue solved, hopefully!

Hey Mat, I already reported the issue, its Renko chart OnBar method bug.

@afhacker

PanagiotisCharalampous
18 Oct 2019, 16:06

RE: RE: RE:

afhacker said:

Hi Matt,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Indeed AlgoDeveloper has reported such an issue but it would be good to have the cBot and confirm that it is the same issue and that it has been resolved.

@PanagiotisCharalampous

matt92
20 Oct 2019, 03:19

RE: RE: RE: RE:

afhacker said:

Hi Matt,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Indeed AlgoDeveloper has reported such an issue but it would be good to have the cBot and confirm that it is the same issue and that it has been resolved.

Yes, I know you did @AlgoDeveloper Thank you very much for doing that. I highly appreciate it! I just wrote here out of impatience lol, and also to ensure that it was not forgotten about.

I don't mind sharing the bot here, as without the correct parameters it is useless, but because I just had it developed, I don't really want to share it publicly for now at least. I think any renko bot that uses OnBar method should produce the bug. But please, I would be happy to give you a copy, feel free to e-mail me at matt_graham_92@hotmail.com and I will send it right over. Or you could message Algo Developer and I'm sure he won't mind giving you a copy. Either way. Thank you very much for your replies and all that you do for us Panagiotis. I really hope the issue can get resolved in a timely fashion. Thanks again.

@matt92

matt92
22 Oct 2019, 21:39

Also any update from yesterday did not fix this Renko chart OnBar method bug! :(

@matt92

alexsanramon
24 Oct 2019, 01:16

To cTrader team,

Thank you for fixing the workspace issue. Wherein when you open your ctrader from another broker, the workspace is saved from your previous last session from that broker and not for the last closed ctrader instance. 

Good Job guys. Thanks.

Alexis.

@alexsanramon

bishbashbosh
24 Oct 2019, 15:53

I'm noticing slowly rising memory usage with cT 3.6 - been open for about 7h and now up to 1.6GB (over 2GB after I created a dump file - happy to upload somewhere if that would be a help).

@bishbashbosh

PanagiotisCharalampous
24 Oct 2019, 15:56

Hi bishbashbosh,

Thanks for reporting this. We prefer if you can send us the settings file and any custom cBots/Indicators running when this behavior is observed.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

mxdr
25 Oct 2019, 08:57 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:21 )

Wrong TF order

Hi, platform team!

There seems to be a wrong order of timeframes here.

See my screenshot.

@mxdr

eivaremir
26 Oct 2019, 23:26

RE:

Hi tmfd,

The plan is for v3.7.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

PLEASE

@eivaremir

matt92
28 Oct 2019, 10:44

RE:

matt92 said:

Also any update from yesterday did not fix this Renko chart OnBar method bug! :(

The bot is now working! :D :D

@matt92

ctid1502193
01 Nov 2019, 06:04 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:21 )

Equity graph error

3.6,  Pepperstone.  I am having problem with the Analyze graph showing I have 1,000,000 equity when I have 994.92 in the summary.

It works when I restart the application then after about an hour the error happens

@ctid1502193

PanagiotisCharalampous
01 Nov 2019, 08:41

Hi ctid1502193,

Thanks for posting in our forum. Can you please clean up your statistics cache and let me know if it resolves the issue? You can find it here C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\broker-cTrader\Statistic. 

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

johncarlodelacruz
18 Nov 2019, 16:12

Winform

Hi,

I have a bot that is running a winform but this code

Application.Run(this.mainForm);

doesn't work anymore.

Am I missing something on the new update?

@johncarlodelacruz

PanagiotisCharalampous
18 Nov 2019, 16:14

RE: Winform

johncarlodelacruz said:

Hi,

I have a bot that is running a winform but this code

Application.Run(this.mainForm);

doesn't work anymore.

Am I missing something on the new update?

Hi johncarlodelacruz,

Can you please start a new thread and post a cBot code that allows us to reporduce the problem?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

ctid1526859
20 Nov 2019, 07:28

RE:

Hi ctid1502193,

Thanks for posting in our forum. Can you please clean up your statistics cache and let me know if it resolves the issue? You can find it here C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\broker-cTrader\Statistic. 

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Pepperstone updated  ctrader and the problem is now resolved.  thank for the tip

@ctid1526859

... Deleted by UFO ...

... Deleted by UFO ...

... Deleted by UFO ...

... Deleted by UFO ...