cTrader 3.3 Adds More Chart Features

Created at 26 Sep 2018, 09:05
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

Spotware

Joined 23.09.2013

cTrader 3.3 Adds More Chart Features
26 Sep 2018, 09:05

Dear Traders,

We would like to announce that cTrader Beta has been updated to version 3.3. After the big release of cTrader 3.0, the platform went through the stabilization stage in the following updates and now is set to release new exciting features. The upcoming update to version 3.3 provides more usability by extending its chart tools, as well as introduces the ability to manage sessions on all devices enhancing the security of the platform.

Please find below the list of new features:

Easy Chart Symbol Changes
cTrader 3.3 has now a new efficient way to switch the symbol of an open chart while retaining a timeframe and other chart settings.

Range and Renko Bars
The platform introduces the Range and Renko bars with a step from 1 to 100 pips that are now available for time-independent volatility-based price charting.

Linked Charts
You can now link trading symbol to the color and set this color for multiple charts with different settings to group them. This allows to switch between symbols while retaining specific chart settings, with no need to configure a chart all over again for every newly selected symbol.

Favorite Timeframes
Your favorite frames for all tick-, time-, and volatility-based chart types are now available directly in the chart. You can check the corresponding items when selecting a timeframe to create quick-access buttons, as well as switch between their favorites with Up and Down keyboard arrows.

Manage Sessions on All Devices
Since cTrader is a multi-device application, a possibility to manage sessions on different platforms and devices has been added in order to enhance privacy and security of your trading activities.

Download cTrader 3.3 Beta

@Spotware
Replies

ClickAlgo
26 Sep 2018, 12:55

Thank you for the great work you are all doing with adding additional features to the platform.

@ClickAlgo

nordic
07 Oct 2018, 02:26 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

RE:

Spotware said:

Range and Renko Bars
The platform introduces the Range and Renko bars with a step from 1 to 100 pips that are now available for time-independent volatility-based price charting.

Fantastic update, particularly the above - definitely going a long way to making cTrader a stronger product.  Just also confirming that backtesting for Range and Renko will be available when these updates hit brokers?

I realise we can currently implement indicators for these chart types, but native support makes things so much easier.

Great work guys!

@nordic

PanagiotisCharalampous
08 Oct 2018, 09:55

Hi nordic,

Backetsting with Renko/Range is still not supported. It will come later, the estimation is with v3.5.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

Ketu
09 Oct 2018, 11:13

Hi,

Great update, is there any eta on the release?, or roughly how long long does it usually take?.

@Ketu

PanagiotisCharalampous
09 Oct 2018, 17:59

Hi ctid244560,

It is a matter of weeks to start rolling out this version to brokers.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

tradingu
24 Oct 2018, 13:20

Hi Panagiotis,

Can we expect 3.3 version in November?

@tradingu

PanagiotisCharalampous
26 Oct 2018, 09:39

Hi tradingu,

Yes you can. We already started rolling out 3.3 to some brokers.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

shawn.white
26 Oct 2018, 22:56

Attention

Good evening Panagiotis,

I would like to bring your attention to the following, that you are missing in the new update of Ctrader. 

I have recorded and uploaded a video to explain visually - https://youtu.be/gXlDTseBI6k

1. You should have an option where crosshairs are enabled at all times, (the crosshairs do not stay on when I click anything) currently when I draw a square box (order block) I cannot differentiate what time it is. please refer to trading view as they have done it perfectly.
  2. Please can you provide an option for templates in your drawing toolbar. ie select Fibonacci I should have the option to select from a template and also name the percentage lines like mt4
  3. When drawing rectangles it would be nice to have an option where you can free define the time ie London open is from 8 a.m. until 10 p.m. so if I set this time within the rectangle it will clearly be shown.

Shawn White

@shawn.white

PanagiotisCharalampous
29 Oct 2018, 11:03

Hi Shawn,

I have forwarded your suggestions to the product team for consideration. I would also suggest that you post them in vote.spotware.com so that other traders can vote them as well. Popular suggestions have more chances to get implemented.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

djtnd
10 Nov 2018, 15:12 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

RE:

Spotware said:

Dear Traders,

We would like to announce that cTrader Beta has been updated to version 3.3. After the big release of cTrader 3.0, the platform went through the stabilization stage in the following updates and now is set to release new exciting features. The upcoming update to version 3.3 provides more usability by extending its chart tools, as well as introduces the ability to manage sessions on all devices enhancing the security of the platform.

Please find below the list of new features:

Easy Chart Symbol Changes
cTrader 3.3 has now a new efficient way to switch the symbol of an open chart while retaining a timeframe and other chart settings.

Range and Renko Bars

Linked Charts
You can now link trading symbol to the color and set this color for multiple charts with different settings to group them. This allows to switch between symbols while retaining specific chart settings, with no need to configure a chart all over again for every newly selected symbol.

Favorite Timeframes
Your favorite frames for all tick-, time-, and volatility-based chart types are now available directly in the chart. You can check the corresponding items when selecting a timeframe to create quick-access buttons, as well as switch between their favorites with Up and Down keyboard arrows.

Manage Sessions on All Devices
Since cTrader is a multi-device application, a possibility to manage sessions on different platforms and devices has been added in order to enhance privacy and security of your trading activities.

Download cTrader 3.3 Beta

How can i use this 3.3 version with my IC Markets account? when it will be officialy released?

thanks.

@djtnd

PanagiotisCharalampous
12 Nov 2018, 12:25

Hi djtnd,

Please contact ICMarkets regarding their plans to upgrade to 3.3.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

alex_mihail
24 Nov 2018, 16:05

RE:

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi djtnd,

Please contact ICMarkets regarding their plans to upgrade to 3.3.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

ICMarkets are unable to offer any update re: cTrader 3.3 - are you able to push them for some more information?

@alex_mihail

damian8
26 Nov 2018, 09:54

I was happy to see my broker role this out recently.

Is there any way I can please hide the vertical toolbars on the left hand side of every chart? They take up too much room when multiple charts are on the screen.

@damian8

PanagiotisCharalampous
26 Nov 2018, 12:20

Hi dmn,

Currently there is no option to hide the toolbars.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

... Deleted by UFO ...

lukasztrader
26 Dec 2019, 13:12

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi nordic,

Backetsting with Renko/Range is still not supported. It will come later, the estimation is with v3.5.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Current version is 3.6 and there is no backtesting with Renko/Range. Any plans for that?

@lukasztrader

PanagiotisCharalampous
27 Dec 2019, 08:53

RE: RE:

lukasz.iskier said:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi nordic,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Current version is 3.6 and there is no backtesting with Renko/Range. Any plans for that?

Hi Luke,

It is in our plans but no ETA yet.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

... Deleted by UFO ...

... Deleted by UFO ...

... Deleted by UFO ...

... Deleted by UFO ...