cTrader - Renko Charts coming soon in cTrader

Created at 14 Sep 2017, 15:00
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

Spotware

Joined 23.09.2013

cTrader - Renko Charts coming soon in cTrader
14 Sep 2017, 15:00

Soon Renko charts will be introduced in cTrader. A Renko chart is a type of chart that is only concerned with price movement; time and volume are not included.

renko.png

@Spotware
Replies

BeardPower
14 Sep 2017, 19:18

Finally!

Hi,

That's great news!

I would appreciate it, if you could answer some questions regarding Renko:

- Are different Renko types supported (various settings for inversion and extension; option to show wicks)?
- Which type of aggregation is used (Ticks and time-based periods)?
- Is volume still supported (brick aggregated bid/ask volume; also from the API)?
- Is this type also backed up by the API?
- Will it be released this year?

Thank you very much!

@BeardPower

BeardPower
14 Sep 2017, 19:45

Additional questions

- How are price gaps handled (different brick optic; filling bricks; showing the gap)?
- How are the bricks built (from current price backward; from the first historical bar to the current price)?
- Will the bricks be refreshed/redrawn, once more historical data will be streamed?

@BeardPower

Spotware
18 Sep 2017, 16:42

Dear BeardPower,

Please find below the answers to your questions

Are different Renko types supported (various settings for inversion and extension; option to show wicks)?
Other Renko chart types are not supported yet. Also, it won't have any configurable options except of changing brick size which is a list of predefined values.

Which type of aggregation is used (Ticks and time-based periods)?
Renko chart uses the tick aggregation type.

Is volume still supported (brick aggregated bid/ask volume; also from the API)?
Can you please elaborate on what do you mean when you say volume? Ticks will be aggregated by bid side only.

Is this type also backed up by the API?
API doesn't support Renko chart so far, but we have plans to do this.

Will it be released this year?
We cannot commit to an ETA but as you see the feature already exists in development builds so it should be out anytime soon.

How are price gaps handled (different brick optic; filling bricks; showing the gap)?
Price gaps are going to be handle by filling bricks.

How are the bricks built (from current price backward; from the first historical bar to the current price)?
Renko bricks are being built from current price backward. Renko chart uses pre-aggregated tick data, so any time you open the chart it will have the same picture.

Will the bricks be refreshed/redrawn, once more historical data will be streamed?
Renko won't be refreshed or redrawn after new market data comes.

Best Regards.
cTrader Team

@Spotware

BeardPower
21 Sep 2017, 04:16

RE:

Thanks a lot for the details!

Spotware said:

Can you please elaborate on what do you mean when you say volume? Ticks will be aggregated by bid side only.

Sure. I'm referring to Tick Volume, which is aggregating Bid and Ask movements: Ask and Bid move up -> Buy Volume. Ask and Bid move down -> Sell Volume.
It's not exact, as there would be individual cases like Ask not moving with the Bid and vice versa, or both moving in different directions.

I was just wanted to know, if there is some aggregation at all, and aggregation by the bid side is also okay.

After I read that post, I thought you would not provide aggregated Tick Volume at all:

A Renko chart is a type of chart that is only concerned with price movement; time and volume are not included.

@BeardPower

winrunner
27 Sep 2017, 13:52 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

RE:

Spotware said:

Soon Renko charts will be introduced in cTrader. A Renko chart is a type of chart that is only concerned with price movement; time and volume are not included.

renko.png

Hi, will this be available also on web html platform?

@winrunner

PanagiotisCharalampous
27 Sep 2017, 14:08

Hi winrunner,

Yes it will be available on cTrader Web as well.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

rafaeljungblut
02 Oct 2017, 02:38

Surely after the insertion of renko graphics on the ctrader platform, more new traders will come to the ctrader.

Candle charts and study tools all platforms have, other types of chart beyond normal as the renko will be a differential, sought by many people.

I hopefully insert the renko graphics so that me and my friends migrate to ctrader.

@rafaeljungblut

winrunner
03 Oct 2017, 11:59

Hi, will it include also Range Bars?

When is it due?

Thanks

@winrunner

BeardPower
25 Oct 2017, 11:48

Will it be releases this year?

Hi,

I understand, that you can't give an ETA, but could you at least tell, if this feature (among the other ones) will be released this month or at least this year?

Thank you!

@BeardPower

PanagiotisCharalampous
25 Oct 2017, 14:47

Hi BeardPower,

We cannot give an ETA because this feature will be shipped alongside with many others, as a part of a major upcoming upgrade of cTrader. There are many dependencies and underlying complexity, due to the scale of the release, that does not allow us to give an expected date. However we are pushing hard to release it within this year. I hope that my reply answers your question at least partially!

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

@PanagiotisCharalampous

thierry
19 Feb 2018, 21:13 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

RE: And finally Renko is introduced in cTrader ?

Spotware said:

renko.png

@thierry

ctid246422
22 Feb 2018, 03:43 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

RE: RE: And finally Renko is introduced in cTrader ?

thierry said:

Spotware said:

renko.png

Nearly 6 months since you said it was coming soon.....what is the hild up!! 

@ctid246422

Flipfloptrader
23 Mar 2018, 11:04

Now 7 months since Renko was 'coming soon'. I'm not sure what you define as soon but 7 months is anything but soon!

Any response?

@Flipfloptrader

Bits
30 Mar 2018, 03:39 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

RE:Can i access the Renko Charts by the calgo api?

Spotware said:

CCan

renko.png

@Bits

PanagiotisCharalampous
30 Mar 2018, 09:31

Hi yearn2012,

Yes Renko charts will be a part of the cAlgo.API as well.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

Dutch_Porto
04 Apr 2018, 12:27

COMING SOON?!

will it only be renko or also range bars? Is there the possibility to use it in ctrader webtrader? still no release data? thanks :)

@Dutch_Porto

PanagiotisCharalampous
04 Apr 2018, 12:42

Hi Dutch_Porto,

Thanks for posting in our forum. Both Renko and Range bars are planned for 3.01.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

Dutch_Porto
04 Apr 2018, 12:46

RE:

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi Dutch_Porto,

Thanks for posting in our forum. Both Renko and Range bars are planned for 3.01.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

HEY :) 3.01 is it the next Update? Also for Webtrader?, so i can trade on the go...? thanks for the fast reply

@Dutch_Porto

PanagiotisCharalampous
04 Apr 2018, 15:03

Hi Dutch_Porto,

Renko and Range bars will be available in cTrader Web but not for version 3.01. They will be added in a future update.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

Bits
06 Apr 2018, 03:28 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

RE:

Sorry  Panagiotis Charalampous ,I must reply here about the calgo'wrong.

​it look like the indicator file don't excecute the  else  function. the debugger sometimes is find the ""hidebysig​" attribute in function.

public class Lk : Indicator
    {
        [Parameter(DefaultValue = 0.0)]
        public double Parameter { get; set; }
        public List<BarInfo> BarInfos;
        [Output("Main")]
        public IndicatorDataSeries Result { get; set; }

protected override void Initialize()
        {
            BarInfos = new List<BarInfo>();
            // Initialize and create nested indicators
        }
        public override void Calculate(int index)
        {
            CulBarInfo(index, MarketSeries, BarInfos);
            Print(BarInfos.Count);
        }

public  void CulBarInfo(int index, MarketSeries marketSeries, List<BarInfo> barInfos)
        {
            BarInfo bar = barInfos.FindLast(x => x.Trend != BarTrend.Null);
            if (bar.Index == 0)
            {
                bar = barInfos.Last();
            }
            #region MyRegion
            if (marketSeries.High[index] > bar.High && marketSeries.Low[index] > bar.Low)
            {
///......
            }
            #endregion

}

}

while the functions "Calculate" execute function "CulBarInfo",the error has happend. what wrong??

@Bits

fermjy
08 Apr 2018, 00:46

RE:

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi Dutch_Porto,

Renko and Range bars will be available in cTrader Web but not for version 3.01. They will be added in a future update.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Hi Panagiotis Charalampous, Spotware thought about letting the user create his own display? I mean, for example, UniRenko.
It will be much faster if you let us change the time of the bars and... well, that would be it. The recent update of several tick charts(which is awesome) proves that you can. It would be nice that users can do the same.

Enjoy your weekend.

@fermjy

PanagiotisCharalampous
10 Apr 2018, 10:50

Dear yearn2012,

Please post your issue in a separate thread as it is not related with this one.

Dear fermjy,

You are welcome to post your suggestion in the Suggestions section of our forum.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

burakbirer
26 Apr 2018, 20:26

I believe we've been waiting enough :) Give us the damn renko beta at least. Please? :D

@burakbirer

shrisworld
29 Jun 2018, 17:02

Renko available in what version?

It's July 2018 can we get a timeline on when this will be available please? I have to use two systems one for chart and other for trade :(

@shrisworld

ferreirainbox@gmail.com
12 Jul 2018, 15:15

Where is the Renko Chart?

We're all still waiting...

@ferreirainbox@gmail.com

GunHarry
12 Jul 2018, 15:48

Just Advertised!!!

Long time, story is tailing to far away?????

@GunHarry

encirclefx
31 Jul 2018, 07:22

Hi there, is there any updates on the Renko bot?

@encirclefx

clinttwoood
03 Aug 2018, 07:33

I'm waiting for months RENKO PLZ, I knew it will be version 3.1 but when will it be released? prediction?

@clinttwoood

PanagiotisCharalampous
27 Sep 2018, 17:31

Hi all, 

Renko and Range charts have been released on Spotware Beta. You can find more info here.

Best Regards, 

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

robert.dms83@gmail.com
18 Dec 2018, 03:05 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:21 )

RE:

We need Renko chart, all you have is Renko indicators, not type of chart so price doesn't follow it is useless, please can you add Renko as a type of chart that price follows it like bars, candles, line etc.

renko.png

@robert.dms83@gmail.com

Dutch_Porto
04 Jan 2019, 15:03

RE:

Hello :), i like the addittion off the range and renko bars....but as i only use the webtrader...wich is absolutly outstand....when you will add range bars on de webtrader.?.....if you can do this...you have by far the most superior web based platform......please... i hope you will add them soon .....thanks in advance :)

@Dutch_Porto

Dutch_Porto
04 Jan 2019, 15:04

RE: RE:

Dutch_Porto said:

Hello :), i like the addittion off the range and renko bars on the destkop version....but as i only use the webtrader...wich is absolutly outstanding....when you will add range bars on de webtrader.?.....if you can do this...you have by far the most superior web based platform......please... i hope you will add them soon .....thanks in advance :)

@Dutch_Porto

PanagiotisCharalampous
04 Jan 2019, 15:29

Hi Dutch_Porto,

Renko and Range bars are planned to be released in one of the upcoming releases of cTrader Web.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

dim13
10 Jan 2019, 12:51

Hi Panagiotis?

So where they released or not yet? I cannot find them.

@dim13

PanagiotisCharalampous
10 Jan 2019, 12:53

Hi Dim13,

Yes all brokers have them except FxPro.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

matt92
07 May 2019, 05:25

Hi there, How do renko charts on cTrader work?

Im just trying to figure out, if once price moves x amount of pips in a direction it creates a new bar? Or Does it need to move a specific distance passed a certain point on the previous price bar?

Because I thought price just had to match it.. not go any distance beyond in order for a new bar to be created

https://gyazo.com/790cf272f36c615827a0592d23de491d

@matt92

PanagiotisCharalampous
07 May 2019, 10:10

Hi Matt,

I am not sure I understood the question but the way renko bars work is pretty standard. Bullish bars are created when price moves x pips above the previous high and bearish bars when price moves x pips below previous low.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

... Deleted by UFO ...

... Deleted by UFO ...

Forexyolo
04 Jun 2019, 13:46

Is Renko working on Icmarkets webtrader yet? 

@Forexyolo

PanagiotisCharalampous
05 Jun 2019, 09:06

Hi Trading Sniper,

Thank you for posting in our forum. Renko charts are not available on cTrader Web yet.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

matt92
07 Jun 2019, 21:44

live printing bars

i would love to have this feature removed! or a feature added where you can choose to show current live printing of renko bar or not, that would be rrally nice!

@matt92

matt92
07 Jun 2019, 21:44

live printing bars

i would love to have this feature removed! or a feature added where you can choose to show current live printing of renko bar or not, that would be rrally nice!

@matt92